Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday catch up

I have nothing exciting or ground breaking to share. Not that I ever do anyways, but seriously, we have had a pretty boring weekend. We played lots of Wii yesterday with our friend Sarah, whom we probably bored to death. By the way I love the Wii...best freaking invention ever....I think every family should have one.

So I totally said I would settle on a baby name, and I have not yet. Believe me, I am trying hard. I watch credits to movies now for gosh sakes, I have looked at old year books, baby name books, I even scoped out the names of other kids at preschool orientation hoping for some inspiration. I have looked at the obituaries for some ideas, how sad, how sad. When I watch TV now I am not paying any attention to the plot, just the characters names...

In between the name hunting, I am slowly getting the house together. The kitchen is pretty clean, and the rest of the house will be even cleaner at the end of this week when the cleaning ladies come. Yeah all summer I was on this grand hunt for the Martha Stewart of all cleaning people, and it just didn't work out. People "no showed" to give estimates, some people didn't return calls, so guess what... We are going back to the same Ladies we had before that we kinda got frustrated with. I am pretty sure they were slacking on cleaning the upstairs of the house, and I just didn't want to waste the money so we just dropped them. I am desperate to waste the money now if it will help with keeping the house better looking, and I am just going to be after them to clean the downstairs. All the upstairs really needs is some vacuming since we don't spend a lot of time up there, so I am hoping the price will be a tad nicer if we tell them to keep their tails downstairs. Plus, we are familiar with these ladies, and know they are very trustworthy, so I don't feel odd about them in the house when we are not home. Hopefully it will work out and be worth it.

I discovered that my daughter Rachel has excellent landscaping skills. This morning I was working on weeding the front flower bed, and my one and half year old was just going to town right besides me. She understands the difference between a plant and weed, and was putting them in the trash bag and everything. I was loving her help. She worked for a good 10 min before getting distracted by Laura, who has no interest in weed pulling. Who can blame her?


Photobucket

No comments: