Friday, August 22, 2008

We survived....

This morning we went to the outlets when they opened to do some shopping. I needed fall shoes for the kids (aka non-flip flops)and wanted to check out some fall clothes. Earlier this week I hit the gold mine at my fav. consignment shop in Williamsburg for kids. I spent 34.00 and got a load of adorable fall items. I found a knitted Gymboree infant outfit for new baby girl, and a really cute infant pumpkin hat for her to sport this fall. Those were the highlights, but I got a ton of other crap as well. My mission was to get a bouncy seat but they didn't have one.

So this morning Dave got home before I left for the shopping adventure, and he's off tonight so he went a long. I was tagging along with my parents as it was so it was just one big family outting I guess. Dad scored some "old man" jeans, the kids got shoes at Stride Rite. I didn't even take them in there. Laura acts like a crack head in shoe aisles or shoe stores, as she has developed a serious shoe fetish, and every other parent was in town with their crying kids. I just went in armed with my wallet, and a shoe from each kid that fits them now to eyeball it, and my plan worked fine. They fit the kids, and theres a little room for growth without over doing it. I also got a cute sunflower outfit at Gymboree for Laura's 1st day of school, and a cute little yellow headband that I am determined she will wear with it. She might fight me on that one.

We then went into Kate Spade, and mom bought me a nice new wallet that I may sleep with tonight as I love it that much. Mental note, never take Laura in Coach or Kate Spade ever again as she is also purse obsessed just like her momma.

I copped an attitude later as we were leaving as my parents wanted to grab lunch, and at this point I wanted to go home as I was tired, and I had someone coming over between their lunch hour to bring me something, but I lost battle. I thought about telling my family my water had broke so I could just go home, but figured that would just get me a quick trip to the hospital.

Oh well. Now I am home, listening to my husband giggle as he is watching Revenge of the Nerds the original for the very first time on HBO. Umm hello? I saw that like when I was 4 or 5. This may explain a few things about me as who the heck lets their young child watch movies like that? Yepp that would be my parents. The kids are passed out, and I am going to kick my feet up for a bit.

Photobucket

No comments: