Friday, August 8, 2008

TGIF

This morning I took the kids to the Virginia Living Museum. I really need to start taking them more often as they really seem to like it. Dave and I have a couple membership there which was about $40.00 I think and we can go unlimited, and the kids are still young enough to go for free, so it's a great deal, and about 5 min away from our house. They like seeing some of the animals and especially the fish.

The only other fun thing I have planned today is to go to the pool with them later on. Dave and his brother are going to work on the chair rail for the nursery, so we will make sure we head to the pool to get out of their way. The pool helps me relax too, and considering the day of work I had yesterday I need to relax.

I am feeling all accomplished right now as I had been saying I wanted to put together a scrapbook for each child of their birthdays, and even though Laura has just had two, and Rachel one, I had been feeling like a slacker for not doing it. I decided to do the layouts on the digital scrapboook website I am obsessed with on howfasttheygrow.com A few weeks ago I did two pages while they had free shipping going on, and I got them back and was pretty pleased with the quality. Free ship is over now, BUT last night I got an email from them saying they are offering 20% off your total purchase with a special code, so I went ahead and did their pages. I feel a bit guilty for not using supplies from my scrapbooking stash to make the pages, but hey, it was super fast and easy, and I am caught up for now on the birthday books at least! I am going to try to find some time during the kids nap times to scrapbook and work on my 2008 book this weekend... maybe...

We had a big moment here last night in our household. I was stripping the kids down for a bath, and Laura wandered into my closet butt naked and proceeded to squat and pee on the floor, but then she redeemed herself and as I was cleaning that mess up, she went to her potty and peed in the potty. This is the first time she has peed on the potty. She's been all about sitting on it and pretending to, but this is the first time she went potty on it. Dave and I made a huge fuss, danced around, cheering, etc. She was so proud of herself. I know we still have a while to go before she is potty trained, but hey this is major progress!

We had some sad news yesterday as many of you know my granny passed away this past Jan., well her best friend passed away yesterday. I don't know how long they had been friends, but I remember seeing pictures of them in their early teen years it looked like, and they stayed close until my granny's dementia got bad. She was like family, and I just always thought it was really cool that my granny had a good friend that she grew up with, their husbands were good friends, traveled with each other in their retirement to cool places, and were there for each other when their husbands passed away. How lucky they were to have such a great lifelong relationship. Anyways, even though I think it is sad that she has now passed away, I just picture them both up in heaven with their husbands having a good time again together, and that makes me smile.

Well since the kids are napping I better get my behind in gear and get some things done around the house.

No comments: