Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Yuck-O

I have had very little morning sickness with this pregnancy, so I was caught a bit off guard when I got sick today. I don't know if its pregnancy related, or if maybe its a tummy bug, but it hit me today around lunch time. I left work to head to the bank to deposit some loot in my spoiled kids savings accounts that they collect from nana and papa's next door. Side note- my dad gives them a dollar almost everyday to put in their pocket, and Laura likes to take change from a change jar, which the grandparents encourage. I then steal it from my kids and then take it to the bank about once a month to put in their accounts. I completely encourage all grandparents to do this for their grandkids lol.

Anyways, I went to the bank, and then went to grab something to take back to eat at the office. I started feeling sick, and just when I made it back to the office I got sick. I hadn't gone too long without eatting, which has tended to be a problem before in past pregnancies with getting sick, and it wasn't my prenatals that sometimes will do it as I had skipped them this morning in a rush to leave. I went ahead and ate my lunch to see if I would feel better. I perked up some, but still felt odd and didn't have much to do, so I came home and slept for a little. Now I am feeling yucky again. I don't know of any stomach bugs going around, and I don't think it would be something I ate, so who knows. I had plans to see a movie with Dave tonight, and I still want to go, so I am telling myself if I get sick again I will have to back out and stay home. Being sick while your pregnant and have kids sucks big time. That's all I am saying....

Dave went to the doc today, got some rash cream, got a prescription for Chantix, and has a referral to see someone about getting "fixed". The nurse told him she thought he was too young, until he told her how many kids he has, and then she shut up.

In baby news Dave picked up a crib mattress today that we needed, since we decided not to force Laura out of the crib just yet. I am trying to get prepared and make some lists of things we need to do like install the infant seat in the car again. Oh and I need a mattress pad cover thingy. Dave cut some wood for the chair rail today, so hopefully in a week that will be done and the crib set up, as once we can start putting the crib together in the room I will have a better idea of what else I need to do. I guess I need to get my hospital bag together now just in case something happens early. I just feel really unprepared and behind and I can't help but panic.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh no-feel better!!!