Thursday, August 21, 2008

Doc appt recap...

Late this morning I ventured off to the doc with Dave. Last week I had seen the doc who will deliver baby girl number three, and has delivered my other two. It's just him and a nurse practioner lady these days. Last week he said I wouldn't be given the strep test and they would just assume I was a flunker with the big ole honking blood in urine specticle a week and half ago, he also said Sept 12th was the date, and they would check with my hospital to make sure it was cool.

So today I saw the nurse practioner. I like this lady, I am pretty frank in people I like and people I don't. I hated the midwife lady he used to have on staff, and I am very pleased she is gone. But I was frustrated today because obviously his office staff sucks in communication skills. I still had blood in my urine, but it wasn't as bad this time and since I am not having any other symptoms they decieded to forget about the kidney ultrasound unless I develope some other symtoms. After they got all dramatic on me last week. I hope they know what they are doing. I just finished all of my antibiotics so hopefully it's going away, and hopefully its not a stone and just a UTI. I guess by now if it was a stone I would have been in some pain by now. I just freaking better not end of on dialysis, but then again, at least I could keep my job!

So anyways, this is where the office communication skills suck. They did the strep test after they said they wouldn't give it to me. I think it was a huge waste of insurance money since if I still have blood in my urine then obviously I still have a infection I would think I would flunk the test from that. Maybe I am wrong. Who knows. Then they said they didn't call the hospital yet to confirm the 12th, but they would get on that asap. I really don't care if its not the 12th, but I will be mad if when I go next week they still haven't called the hospital to confirm there is room for me.

They said today that they think this baby will actually be in between Laura's weight and Rachel's weight. Laura weighed 6'2 and Rachel was 7'3. I guess we just make small baby girls lol.

I know I have been slack posting nursery pics. I promise I will get on that today. Life has just been a little hectic, and I am trying to wrap up loose ends. Of course like a silly idiot, I am going to have attempt to have a party at my house a week before I have the baby. It's going to be thirtyone gifts party. They sell super cute momogrammed stuff. I swore a few years ago I would never have another direct sales party, but I really like this stuff, and had never heard of it until one of of my friends had a party a weekend ago. So yes, I know having a bunch of people over wont help with stress BUT we have house cleaners coming earlier that day, so the house will finally be clean, and I think it would be nice to see some friends I have not been able to see in a while before life gets crazy, and its excuse for me to cook some fatty food and pork out. So hopefully the people I invite will come.

Speaking of which, its funny what people will tell you when your pregnant. Some people say I look small, some say I look huge. Speaking of which, I don't think I would have the guts to tell anyone they were huge even if they were like a month late giving birth. It's just not nice. I might think it, but I wont be mean enough to tell someone who obviously is feeling like whale. I am measuring right on target so I just tell myself I am normal.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My personal favorite comment when I was pregnant was the credit union lady asking me if I was sure there was just one in there. I swear some people just should learn to keep their mouth shut.

I try not to make the you're small/big comments because I know how much they bothered me. I think that as long as the baby is healthy, who cares if you're big/small.