Some how the years have flown by and I am now the mother of a 7 year old, 6 year old and a 4 year old. It seems just like yesterday I had three under three. I have survived thus far...but you know what. I am sooo lucky and blessed. These girls are amazing. Sure sometimes they do things that drive me batty, but they are good kids.
Before Rachel's actual birthday, which was the 23rd, we had a friend party for Laura and Rachel's buddies. They had some family friends, and some school friends come, and we had a party at the Ft. Eustis Aquatic center. This went very well. You don't have to be military to book it, it's extremely affordable (seriously the cheapest I have gotten away with in years), and it's like a mini water park inside.
Rachel asked for pretty much everything Laura asked for, so she got a swim bag, some baseball things, etc etc. We had a early birthday party with family, and then later on she wanted to go back to a paint your own pottery place in Port Warwick. We just went to a birthday party there last weekend, so the girls go to pick up what they painted then, and they sat down and painted bowls that they want to use for their morning cereal. The girls love going there, it is fun, but I feel like I need a Xanax the whole time as I am afraid something is going to break the whole time.
Monday, February 11, 2013
I am the worst blogger ever I know, but I still refuse to throw in the towel just yet.
So what's been happening since my last post?
1. My last grandmother died. She was 95, and last year suffered a major stroke and had been living in a nursing home in bad shape. It was a blessing that she didn't have to suffer anymore, but heart wrenching to see my grandfather grieve for her. They were married 73 years. She was the very definition of a grandmother, and will be missed greatly.
2. I survived returning to swim class. Rachel apologized and apologized, and wrote the girl a letter, etc etc. The mom apologized for losing it, and all is well.
3. Laura turned 7. Can you believe it!? Where do the years go?!
4. The winter blues are getting to me, and I have to force myself to get off the couch and into the gym. I need warmer weather.
5. I went to a board meeting at our pool to learn more about the pool happenings etc and next thing I know I become a board member, and I am in charge of hiring kids that run the concession stand and man the gate.
6. Swim booster meetings start up this month and I guess I will learn how involved that is. Yes I am committing myself probably beyond my time, but it's for my kids, and our local pool which I have always loved. Remind me of this when I am stressed out.