Sunday, August 17, 2008

It's some sort of progress...

I have been a bit aggravated with the house in chaos, the nursery not set up yet, and the garage looking like a homeless man lives out there. A few months ago I went out in the said garage and started tossing some crap, but apparently that did not do much good... either that or the homeless man is back.

I had just gotten back from taking the kids for a walk, tried to get a toy car out for Laura and nearly killed myself, so then I decieded to grab the dumpster and start dumping some crap. Dave had cut the wood for the chair rail out in the garage so saw dust was freaking EVERYWHERE, and little pieces of woods and mess ups were laid around where ever you looked. I don't know why, but the fact the garage is always so crappy looking, just gets on my freaking nerves more then anything. There is some clutter don't get me wrong, but it could look a lot better if he would just throw his trash away and use his little shop vac. I have a very hard time understanding it as my dad is Mr. OCD when it comes to doing anything, and his garage has always been kept very clean and organized, and he was always out working it, and my moms car has always been able to live out there. None of our cars have been able to ever be in our garage... sigh... Dad was always vacuming up out there behind himself, and always looking for new ways to organize an already organized garage.

Seriously, when I lived with my parents, I thought my dad was just an annoying crazy man half the time. But I have a whole new appreciation for his handyness and organization, and his opinions. I just wont tell him to his face.

So I vacumed what I could in the garage with the shop vac that Dave had to have one Christmas but probably has never used. Dave came outside, and I only yelled like once or twice, and then I just decieded to shut my mouth and be nice and just work. I figured the less I ticked him off the more helpful he would be, and I think it worked...

I even asked him sweetly if he could start to throw his trash away out there and use his shop vac from time to time, and he said he would work on it, and now he is upstairs putting the crib togther, so I have kicked started him a bit I guess. I am working on my calmness and patience, but I may have to get elementry school on him and give him a chore board here soon. I am this close to asking his mom if this is her freaking doing in raising him, or if he's just always been this difficult. Dave is probably this close to asking my mom if I am part demon.




Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dad was the same way. He'd flip if he could see my mom's garage now.

Anonymous said...

Just thinking about ole Michael and his opinions cracks me up!!!