Thursday, August 28, 2008

Recap of Preschool transistion phase 1...

Today Laura had to go to preschool to meet her teacher and see her classroom for the first time before she officially starts school next friday. I was a bit bummed as they didn't inform parents of the time until last night at our orientation about this, and I had to be at work, so Dave got to enjoy this experience...

I did however get to prepare her for the morning which was interesting...It was just supposed to be a 15 min deal, so she just wore jeans and a cute Lily polo. The first outfit I grabbed for her Laura actually told me "no". She's starting that crap with me mighty early I think. I don't remember doing that to my mom until I was older... what the heck people??? I did however, make her wear real actual shoes. The child has lived in flip flops this summer, and before that her crocs, so I knew she wasn't going to be a happy camper when I pulled out the lace up shoes this morning. She flipped her lid. I had to carry her to my moms because she didn't want to even walk in them. She then laid on the floor and proceeded to cry why my mom and I told her how pretty her shoes were and what a big girl she was. I left and went on to work, completely stressed how her preschool adventure would be...

When Dave got home to take her, she was doing a little better. But then he had her show him how fast she could run in her tennis shoes, and of course she ran through a nice pile of dog poo in the yard, so her new shoes had to get a fast cleaning before they left.

Apparently, it went well. Dave followed the classroom rules by having her walk from the car inside the building. They frown upon it if you carry them in. They have to wash hands before heading to class in the bathroom there, so he did that as well. So proud of him for remembering all of this! Anyways, she briefly met her teacher with all other 12 kids, and apparently enjoyed playing in the play kitchen area of the classroom. Dave says all the kids just kinda ignored each other and played independently. Too funny.

Next week is the 1st day! She just goes for 1 hour, but this will be the first time she is left, as parents can't stay on this day. Then her first full day is the 12th, but of course a full day is like 2 hours, so its not forever and ever, but its still nerve wracking for me because I feel really really old now. I can't wait though for her to start bringing home all her little art projects! She is supposed to bring in some pictures of her family for her snack placemat that they are going to make already.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Awwwwwww!!!!!! I can't wait to see her next week!