Sunday, August 10, 2008

Mean wife moment....

My husband works nights. I know that has to stink for him, since when you work nights its hard to figure out when to eat what meals, he probably never gets enough rest since his court always runs over during the day and cuts into sleep time, and then everyone, including myself, sometimes takes advantage of him being home during the day and asks him to do favors from time to time. Add in people calling when he is sleeping, the kids playing, and the fact I always get ansy to and want to wake him up right 5pm he's been quite the trooper. He has put in a request to move to day shift, so we shall see what pans out.

I got a bit angry with him though this morning, as he came home from work and he's off tonight, so usually he stays up for a bit, and then goes down for a small nap, then spends the day with us, and then goes to bed for good at bedtime when we all go to bed. So the dear husband comes home, I beg him to watch the kids for sec while I shower. I had not showered since Friday. I know, gross, but if your a mom of small kids you know how it is. It's hard to find time when they are small 'cause you just can't trust them. I try to shower at night or before they wake up, but sometimes it just doesn't happen, so I was feeling a bit gross and showered while Dave "watched" the kids.... I didn't even take a nice long one, I didn't even put on makeup or blow dry the hair. I came out of the bedroom and low and behold Dave is napping on the couch and the kids are going buck wild. This is probably the third time this has happend in a month and it ticks me off. Laura knows how to open doors, and undo the bolt locks, so she could wander off outside, Dave is just laying there on the couch snoring away. I called his name, he didn't budge, so then I may or may not have thrown the remote at his legs. Dave didn't find it funny, but I felt better, and while he went off on a rant about how his leg was permanetly injured for life (eyes rolling) I went off on him for being a bad parent. I just wanted a freaking 5 min shower and expected him to just man up and watch the kids... geesh

Never mind the bathroom break his behind took this week while I was at work. Apparently while he was "just in the bathroom for a second" the kids got the crayons out, drew murals on the walls, ate some crayons and made a huge mess. Dave was mad enough to throw away all the crayons that we keep down stairs, but apparently not motivated enough to clean up the mess, that I was given the privlege of doing this morning while I got on a cleaning kick.

Speaking of which we still do not have a cleaning person, and this is when I had wanted the help, before the baby comes. Some lady of a husband that Dave works with has a business, and she was set up to come over to give us the estimate and she no-showed. My boss gave me a referral to a company, and they never called me back. I actually starting crying about this while I sat on the ground cleaning the base boards, dragging my fat butt across the floor, because I am tired of the house being dirty, and we just can't find any freaking people to pay to do it either since they don't return calls, or just don't show up. I hate the house looking like it does, I hate how we have a million things to do before the baby comes, and even though I try to work my tail off by doing all I can its still not enough, and I get bitter when the husband doesn't help out, but I feel bad for getting mad at him as I know he's just as tired as I am if not more. I also am trying to spend all the time I can with the kids doing fun things like going to the pool, or playing outside, before the baby comes, and we have adjust to how life is with another little one. UGGG... today we are supposed to go to Water Country, and I am going to secretly hope it rains so we are all trapped in the house, and we will be forced to work on house stuff.

Photobucket

No comments: