Friday, August 22, 2008

The Name Game...

I know a lot of people want to know what the heck we are naming this baby. I just don't know, its not a secret or anything this time. I really just don't know. I can't make a freaking decision at all these days. So I will just blog about it.

The name I had on my mind when I bought the letters I painted was Alison Emma. I have also considered Emily Alison, Alison Braxton, Natalie, Ashley, Annabell (don't laugh)Molly, and about a million other. I have always wanted a little girl named Ashely, BUT the husband has had two ex girlfriends with that name. Now grant it, before me, Dave's longest relationship was like 2 months or something really sad like that, but still, I can't be running into one of those girls one day and they find out we have a girl with their name. Yes, I am petty like that.

I really would like Grace to be the middle name, but then she would have a funky Momogram with two G's next to each other, and I like momograms, so I can't let that happen. Grace Giles is just too silly sounding so its not going to be a first name either, so Grace is just out of the question. Moving on!

A part of me thinks I will wait and see what she looks like before I name her, but I might be entirely too doped up by then to think straight. I have a baby bracelet I am just dying to get her name put on, and I really want to hang some letters on the wall before she gets here too.



Photobucket

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I LOVE Annabell! I've thought about that name if we ever had girls. And, I think two G's would be just fine!!! Besides, one day she'll drop either Grace or Giles to take her hubby's name. I can't wait to hear what you guys choose!!!

The Family said...

Here is are my 2 cents :) Emily and Emma are very common right now... we wanted Emily Lynne but I didn't want her to be Emily N forever b/c there were 5 in her class. Love the name Molly! Cute girl name I heard the other day- Norah... I am sure a name will come to you ! We found Avery in the boys section of a book :)