Sunday, June 1, 2008

I'm back!

We got back Sunday at 10am, and all in all it was a great trip. I took lots of pictures, at entirely too much, saw lots of cool stuff, and of course shopped till I dropped! We got there Thursday about 5pm, and went down to the musuem and the Coopertown Village. We didn't go to the exhibits, but we went in the gift shop, and toured the town. The town is tiny, and there isn't much there except baseball shops, and some bars, and of course the museum. It was a really pretty town through. Lots of Victorian homes, and what not.

Friday we got up and headed back to the museum where we toured it, and it was really cool. If your not into baseball you wouldn't care less, but baseball was a big part of my life a long time ago, and has always been a big part of my dads life, and now nephews life. My dad has waited his entire life to see Cooperstown, and I am glad I got to go with him. It was amazing to see the exhibits on baseball legends like Babe Ruth, etc. They also had a exhibit on girls in baseball, which was really neat and meant a lot to me since I played baseball until I was 16 and then I switched over to Softball. It was just really cool to see everything, I just can't put it in words.

We then stayed in the Village and Jake and my dad shopped. The street was full of shops with baseball hats, baseball bats, etc etc etc. Jake is a big Red Sox freak, so he went crazy buying anything Red Sox. He got a wooden bat with his name on it which was pretty neat, and just all kinds of stuff. He got completely spoiled by my dad like I mentioned earlier in a post. Jake wanted to watch a game on Double Day field, so we did that, and then at dinner he lost his mind....

The plan was always to come back Sunday, but I guess since Jake had done all he wanted to do and because he apparently never paid attention during Geography class, he was thinking for some reason that Richmond wasn't far away from freaking NY, and we would drive him to Richmond, and then drive to PA where we planned to shop Saturday. Richmond is like 1 hour away from home, so I don't know where my 14 year nephew got all retarded, I guess thats just another reason not to put my kids in Newport News public schools if he hasn't at least learned that yet. I was just blown away that he could be so selfish...but then again he was a total brat when Dave and I took him to Nags Head last year... Let me regress and share my experience with Jake last summer....

Dave and I planned a week in Nags Head. We invited him to come down if he could get a ride, thinking he would come down on a Thursday, and then Saturday we would take him home with us... We were not expecting him to babysit or anything for us, we were just being nice... Well, he came down earlier then we though like on a Tuesday I think, cause his dad was bringing him and spending the day looking at property with his boss in the area. No biggie though. Apparently though he's dropped off with just a little bit of money he had earned cutting grass which wasn't going to be enough to cover food for himself, and I hadn't brought enough food since he came down a couple days early. So we cut a deal with him. We would take care of his meals when we ate out, we would pay for recreation like Go-carts, and buy extra snacks for him, and he could his money for whatever crap he wanted IF HE WOULD MULCH OUR FLOWER BEDS ON A SPECIFIC DATE THE WEEK WE CAME BACK. He happily agreed, and bought himself some $50 reef sandals... Well, some how he loses these new shoes a day or so later, and has a little fit cause he's now out of cash and has nothing to show for it. Dave tries to cheer him up by buying him another pair. I personally would not have, but Dave is nicer then me. Well you would think Jake would have said thank you or been happy, but no, he pretty much just grabbed them without even thanking him cause hes selfish like that. So anyways, we have the date Jake is going to come mulch our yard when we get back, and we had the mulch delivered. Dave calls Jake the night before to tell him he would pick him up in the morning to come over and get to work, and Jake informs us he has plans to be at Water Country, and wont be able it. To top it off the next days are supposed to rain, so you guessed, Dave and I are stuck mulching the yard ourselves, and we are not happy. He apologized a few weeks later and admitted it was wrong of him, but he never did anything for us, and never again will I take him on vacation with us.

So anyways, Jake actually calls him mom trying to make it sound like its our idea to take him to Richmond, and my parents no nothing about his little plans, but thankfully my sister has common sense and informed him he woudld not come home before Sunday. I of course called him out on his plans when he told me, and told him he's a spoiled brat and wasn't very nice to him the rest of the trip. I think his mom and dad need to nip his behavior in the butt, cause he just doesn't care about anything about himself, and if I had been my dad, I would have taken everything I bought him back.

He sulked Saturday while mom and I shopped lol. We shopped back at places near where the Amish live in Lancaster, PA. I finally broke down and bought a good amount of maternity clothes. I needed some more shirts and shorts, and a few things for work. I am 6 months along now so I am trying to get by on as little maternity as possible as this really really really is the last Giles baby. I also bought some things for the new baby girl. I found a adorable Christmas dress for her, and I got some extra crib sheets at the Pottery Barn kids outlet that will match her bedding. I also couldn't stop myself from buying some cute newborn stuff. The best deal by far were these metal buckets they had at Pottery Barn Kids. They are pink and green and very large, and I think they were selling them to use as Easter Baskets in the catalog a while back. Well they were freaking 50 cents. Great deal! I bought three to use as their Easter baskets for next year, and then two more for me to figure out something to do with them.

I scored some clothes at J.Crew for me that will hopefully fit after the baby, and lots of other random stuff. I also got a new Coach bag cause I am a bag addict. It was a super deal though and my mom got it for me cause she's awesome like that. I got lots of cute stuff for Laura and Rachel, and I was soooooo glad to see them when I came home. I think Laura was more excited to see her new flip flops I got her, but coming home is the best feeling after being away....

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm so jealous of your shopping ventures...ahhh, I'll just live vicariously through you. Sorry about the nephew though...that stinks!