Thursday, June 12, 2008

JORTS

I have been reading GRITS blog for sometime now and I am hooked. I love her style, her clothes, and her new boyfriend sounds pretty amazing. I also want her platinum blonde hair, but don’t think I could afford to keep mine touched up. She recently wrote a blog about “jorts”. Apparently, Jorts are jean shorts, and there not acceptable in her area for men anyways. I have to admit I don’t think Dave owns any, but I don’t see anything wrong if a guy wears the cargo style ones… if they are wearing the tight ones that scream early 90’s late 80’s though then they most certainly need to be burned. Her blog makes me wonder if its ok for girls to wear Jorts. I have some dark maternity ones, will I be a fool if I wear them? Will people stop and point and say ewww Jorts!

But her blog made me laugh, and it made me remember a clothing incident with my boyfriend my senior year in highschool. I was dating this guy named Brian. He was super hot, or at least I thought so. But he had this damn vest….This vest looked a bit Native American, and was not stylish in the least bit…He would also wear this over a freaking undershirt. My senior year I drove my best friend Kim to school, and we would pick up Brian as well as he lived across from the school, and it was super important for me to give him a ride so we could walk hand in hand into highschool together. It became a joke when we would pick Brian up, if he would could out with that damn vest on. I would cross my fingers and pray he wasn’t going to wear that dumb thing. Kim was pretty blunt with her feelings with people, once she got comfortable enough with you, and one day she flat out told him he looked like a retard in that thing, and that we would make fun of him behind his back about it. I was horrified, but you know what, he quit wearing that stupid vest lol. I will have to look in the attic and see if I have any pics of him in the stupid vest, and if I do I will scan it for you all to laugh at as well.

No comments: