Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Car Drama

Many months ago my check engine light came on in my Pontiac. I needed to get a state inspection and so Dave took the car in to a friends brothers car shop to see what was wrong and get it inspected. Apparently, it needed a small part, new brakes, and some tender love. Dave let them do the brakes and some minor stuff but didn't want to pay to have them fix this "small part". Dave told me he would do it and save all this money. These are always final last words... A side effect of not getting this small part fix was I would lose some gas mileage, but it was not supposed to be noticeable. I sure as heck thought it was noticeable, and I have been the only one driving it back and forth to work. I kept after him to get the part and he kept putting it off, but promised he would fix it soon. Last week I told him to either fix it or I would pay someone else to, so he bought the part... He then gets on google to try to figure out how to do this, which makes me feel really uncomfortable right away as obviously he didn't have a clue what he was doing. He decieded to take a break and work on my car after his softball game last night. I told him to just do it in the morning, since he would be home and I would just drive my Expedition to work and he could spend some time on it then. I also told him my gas light was on and I had planned on filling my car up on my way to work so he might need to go ahead and put gas in it. I went to bed thinking he would listen but he didn't.

He stayed up and figured he would fix it into the wee hours. To make sure the car wouldn't explode he decieded to drive it up to the gas station near the house to see if it was ok, and it passed his test... the lovely husband put gas in my car alright, he freaking put in $5.00 of gas. Thanks honey, that will get me to the corner and back, and then I will just ride my bike the rest of the way to Williamsburg. He puts down the passenger window to the car on this adventure, and when he goes to put it up the window dies and makes this horrible sound. So my car is now at my brother in laws dealership to make a long story short... my dad feeling sorry for me I guess, gave me us money to get a tuneup for it and whatever else it needs, and to make sure Dave's awesome repair job will work. He totally didn't have to do that, nor did we ask but hey, I am sure after I see the bill I will be more then happy to fork over his money instead of our own. We still don't know what else they will find wrong with the car, as car places always find a way to tack on as many charges as they can, but never again will I allow Dave to play repair shop.



Photobucket

No comments: