Thursday, June 12, 2008

Yesterday Laura had her last swim class for her current session at the Y. Not really a big deal because we signed her up for the next session and that begins next week, this time Rachel will be in her class as well so it will be a big affair with everyone in the water. Last week we had snuck Rachel back into daycare at the Y during the class and it was the first time she did awesome and stayed the entire time without having to be brought out to us crying. We thought we had made progress, but this time we couldn’t get out of the door with out her throwing a fit. So she came along and just watched, and was pretty peeved she couldn’t be in the water with her sister. I ended up holding her and walked laps around the pool to try to distract her. They had a little table set up with some swimming info on it, and apparently Huggies is giving the Y some sort of sponsorship. I grabbed a pamphlet hoping a Huggies coupon would be in there for the swimming diapers (those things are so pricey for the amount you get and how long your kid wears them!) There was not a coupon which was disappointing as I have to pick up some today, BUT I learned something that I am sure every other mom and dad already know. I just thought Dave and I were geniuses as when we take the swimming diapers off, we tear them off on the sides to make for easy removal. The first few times we would just pull them off like a pull off diaper, and soon we learned it was easier to just teat them off. I thought we were on to something and being so creative, but according to the pamphlet you are supposed to do that with them, so I feel like a dope now… Regardless I am more educated now, but still will have to shell out big bucks to keep my kids in little swimmy diapers.

No comments: