Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Glucose test and other fun stuff

I had a glucose test this morning. With my past two pregnancies, they would just do this test at my docs office. They told me to drink a certain ounce juice or soda an hour before my appointment and then they would draw the blood, then if I failed I would go to the hospital and do this horrific three hour glucose test where I had to keep drinking this orange soda stuff and get my blood drawn over the whole ordeal. Now they have everyone go to the hospital for the initial test, where I was given the soda and got to sit for an hour and then have my blood taken. I didn’t mind a chance to just sit and read a book, but good lord was I starving afterward.

Of course not being healthy, I wanted to grab a McDonald’s biscuit after the test on my way to work, and I couldn’t get over in the right late, so then I figured I would get breakfast at the one right by my work. I order a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit, and when I get to my desk to tear into that bad boy, I am horrified to discover they left off the bacon and cheese. Now, I know my behind could go without those lovely toppings, but I still wanted them, so I marched over across the parking lot with my crappy non-fattening biscuit in hand and demanded the grease. You don’t mess with a pregnant woman’s food after she spent all morning starving.

For lunch I tried to be better. I had read on someone else’s blog about these Lean Cuisine Flat bread melts, and how tasty they were. They really are that good… If your doing weight watchers they are 6 points. They don’t taste anything like diet food, or even microwave food. I have only tried the chicken pesto so far, but its wonderful and very filling. Go out and try one now… Makes me feel better about all the other crap I consume.

I have been on a major icecream kick, and in a effort to try to be more healthy for baby I bought skinny cow ice cream yesterday during a Costco shopping adventure. Dave wasn’t impressed as he has become quite fond of the Snicker Ice Cream bars we have had lately, and the Drum Stick ice cream cones, but he can deal.



We did buy paint this weekend for the nursery, and we even took down the bed that had been in the room, so that is progress. I am guessing Dave might even tape off the windows and what not today since he’s off, but that might be pushing it…. He’s very nervous about this whole stripe deal. We went with a pale yellow and a sage green. I think it will be pretty when it’s a done deal.



Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your test is okay! I had that crap THREE times b/c my mom is diabetic and my doctor said that put me at risk. I also had THREE normal results. If I have another child, they're only doing that thing to me once. Every time I took the test, I had a peanut butter sandwich waiting in the car. LOL

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the stripes!