Wednesday, June 11, 2008


Dave got an award last night from MADD (mother's against drunk driving) for basically giving people a bunch of DUI's, so we had a nice little ceremony to go to, and he has plaque we now have to find a place to display. The kids behaved for the most part, meaning they were quiet but of course didn't stay in their seats which was doable. I played the star in the role of mean daughter in law last night of course though. When Dave got the call that of the ceremony last week and he told me I immediatly knew what the girls were wearing. I had cute white eyelet dresses for them that were brand spanking new, and this event was deemed worthy for them. They had light finger food afterward, and the mommy-in- law wanted to give them strawberry's, and I prevented it. She didn't seem to understand why I didn't want red juice running down the front of their dresses, or on their grimy hands to touch others with. She also asked if she could take the kids to her pool in a couple of weekends. I guess I am over protective, but I am leery about my kids being around water without a parent present. I also know my kids are a handful at the pool and I feel it would be very overwheleming for her especially with the other grandchildren I am sure that will be there as well. So I am not sure how I feel about that just yet. I don't want to be a huge pain in the butt and prevent her from seeing them, but my hormones are a little crazy right now, and I don't know if my blood pressure could handle the stress of knowing they could possibly be unsafe at a pool. The pool isn't even around here, its freaking out in another city, and I would be much happier having his mom be my guest at our pool and spending time with them then with me there too to supervise, and of course for me to keep an eye on disapearing sippy cups and bottles.

No comments: