Friday, June 13, 2008

No she didn't!


I have some shocking news....my coach diaper bag has experienced some serious abuse from the MIL, and I am not taking it very well. I had been using a vera bradley with the girls. Dave got me one soon after I had Laura. I loved how I could wash it, and it took a beating and I was going to be needing a new one especially with number three coming a long. Dave bought me a nice Coach diaper bag for Valentine's Day. The bag wasn't really my style that he had picked out as it kinda looked like a laptop carrying case. It was smaller then my Vera as well, and he gave me full permission to take it back and exchange it. I totally did as I needed something bigger, so I got myself a camel colored leather one, and I even got to purchase the cleaning stuff for it and leather conditioner for a exact trade in without adding in any other money as they were having a awesome sale, so I was happy. I was a bit nervous though about going with this bag as obviously its not something I can throw in the wash, so I have had to take really good care of it.

It's been almost 4 lovely months....yesterday Dave made plans to get his mom to take the kids when she got off work so we could have dinner together and then we went to his softball game where she was to meet up with us. She had them for 2 hours tops, and at the game I did a diaper bag check to make sure all bottles and sippys had made it safely back, I was horrified to disover that there was a good amount of spilt milk inside my lovely bag. It had even soaked through the lining and the leather on the outside had water marks on it on both sides. She was right there when the said discover was made, and I am freaking, and tries to say it must be condensation from the bottles. Condensation my you know what..... I didn't really talk much after this was discovered, and I know in my head my damn bag is ruined. As soon as we get home I take everything out and clean the inside of the bag with a damp cloth on the lining, which at least seems ok, and prayed last night everything would be cool this morning, but the water marks or I guess rather milk marks that went through to the leather are still there. Dave said he would buy me a new one, but thats silly as that sucker was expensive enough and we have other things to spend the money on right now other then a diaper bag that someone else messed up. Quite honestly I think she should buy a new one. I know its not going to happen though. So what I plan to do is give out a different bag to MIL (my old vera one) if she wants the kids, and I don't think my kiddos will be attending the pool with her in a few weekends as she had asked. I am sure she didn't do this to me on purpose, I actually saw some fear in her face when I was freaking out, so I know she's sorry, she really is a sweet lady, and I do like her, I just am tired of them messing up/ losing our stuff. I really think its because when ever she has our kids she gets his brothers kids too as she wants them to all be together, and 5 kids is just too much for her to keep up with, now inncocent expensive diaper bag felt the effects...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like I said on MySpace - Blasphemy!

I think she should replace it. That had to be at least an entire bottle to leak that much!

When my sister in law kept Aidan during the day, I had left with her one of those freebie Enfamil diaper bags. I'm not sure if she ever used it and you know, I'm not even sure she gave it back. Good thing I gave her that and not something else! ;)

Jenny said...

OMG!!!!!! I would completely FREAK OUT!