Monday, June 9, 2008

What really gets on my nerves...

I seriously am not a fan of sales people. I like to be left alone when I am shopping. I cringe when in the mall when some of the kiosk people try to talk to me, or I try to walk around them so they can’t get to me. In clothing stores I only usually need someone to help me find a dressing room or if I need to find a size. Other then that leave me alone please.

I got annoyed in Bath and Body works the other day as they were having a big sale. They always seem to have 10 to many sales people on their floor harassing their customers, and I just wanted to sniff the nice smelly things, buy what I liked and get out of there. I don’t need 10 people offering me a basket to put my stuff in, or trying to spray me with crap. Even in my local Gymboree the ladies there are getting on my nerves. As soon as I walk in they ask me what brings me in today. I mean really, why do they ask this? Can’t you see I have two kids in a stroller that are not thrilled to be there, and I just want to look and purchase what I like without having you help me or me having to make polite conversation. It’s not like I am going to get lost in Gymboree or forget who I am shopping for. Unless you have a coupon or some unadvertised sale going on stay at your register.

My favorite consignment shop in Williamsburg I stop in on Wednesdays is nagging me too. The owner by now knows my face, and is always trying to show me something cute that has come in. Now I know she’s being sweet, and trying to give me first dibs, but my kids have wayyy to many clothes these days, so basically I am just after the really big brands like Lily, that the nice wealthy families in Williamsburg are making available to me. God bless the Kings Mill families, I guess maybe I should just tell her that, but that is way to practical for a mean pregnant lady to do, and then I will feel like I am hurting her feeling by not looking at whatever cute outfit it is she wants me to see.

No comments: