Thursday, July 31, 2008

Randomness

Just some things on my mind….

I know a lot of people are all excited about the election, I know already who I plan to vote for, but I am not a die hard political junkie by far. But I work in a medical setting and have noticed a few of my coworkers wearing political buttons for their favorite candidate. My first thought is they shouldn’t do that, but then I wonder if I am being too picky about it. They have the right to be excited about their candidate I guess, as long as they are not passing out flyers or pushing their views on the patients, but I still find it odd for some reason. I might be over reacting though, and maybe deep down my problem is really the candidate they are supporting, ‘cause I am not voting for who they are excited about.


My friend emailed me back and she expressed disappointment that I am not going but was fine with it over all. But get this, she has a work conference in Williamsburg in November and wants me to stay at the same hotel and hang out with her. Umm hello.. I live like super close to Williamsburg, why would I get a hotel just to hang out, and how the heck am I supposed to do that with a newborn and two kids? I enjoy getting away for girl trips such as scrapbooking, but my maternity leave is holy to me. I want to spend it with my kids. A moms day out will be needed I am sure, but a few hours for shopping and pedicures will be all I desire. I have not talked about it on here, but this friend has more issues then People Magazine, and I had cut off our friendship a while back as the drama got on my nerves when I was pregnant with Laura. It involved me calling Child Protective Services on her, (LONG STORY but totally deserved). Anyways, I am ready to just drop the friendship altogether. I know that sounds harsh, but if you knew the whole story and situation you would want do the same thing. I probably would have never picked up the friendship again, but I don’t exactly have that many close female friends, and Dave encouraged me also to be nice to her, so I can blame him as well =)


I had been wanting to schedule the baby’s birth on September 12th rather then the 19th as I thought it was one of my sisters b-days, turns out the 19th is not her bday lol, so I have been stressing for no reason on that one. At my next appointment the doc and I will set the date for the c-section, so I could care less what date we go with. The 19th kinda appeals to me now, as that means I wouldn’t be going back to work until late December, and then Christmas would here, so I would be able to stay home again for a few days.

Another thing on my mind is since the baby will born on a Friday, and that is the day Laura has preschool, do I have her stay home from school, or should she go on in anyways? She will just be starting school for the first time, and its only for a couple of hours. I guess since it will all be new to her I should make sure she still goes, so she gets in a routine.



Photobucket

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I totally agree with you on the whole election thing-I don't want to see it everywhere! Especially wat work!

Soooo excited for you to have your new baby! Are you sharing her name? My g'mas b'day is on the 19th...she'll be 81 this year. :0)