Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Man Code

I have been pissy with Dave the last few days, my poor coworkers have had to hear my sob stories about it, and of course my blog has been filled with Dave bashing, as well as my updates on myspace. I have been more iritiated that he has not aknowledged my lack of talking or the mopey face I have had on my face for a few days.

Anyways, today he sent flowers to my work with a card that says he hopes I feel better soon. First of all, the flowers are pretty. I like them. However, I want to know who freaking has told men that if you buy your wife/girlfriend flowers that it takes care of all problem? I seriously think Dave thought to himself today, "maybe if I send flowers she will remove that stick from her behind." He could have saved himself money if instead of sending me flowers he just would make more of an effort around the house. I don't even know if he understands why I am pissy since he seems to think I am feeling sick.

In my perfect world this is how he should redeem himself.
The setting- our house. I come home from work to find the house spotless. Dave is in the kitchen in a apron on, and he has been slaving all afternoon over dinner. He tells me to sit down and put my feet up while he sets the table, and when its ready we all have a great meal. Afterwards, he clears the table, cleans up the mess from the kids eatting, and he tells me to take a long bubble bath. Afterward, we have a nice evening hanging out with the kids who are on their best behavior. Dave then announces he is going to start doing this every other day for me because I am a princess and deserve nothing but the best.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you've come back to earth now...we aren't living in a perfect world and the men in our lives definately are't making it better...the flowers were a nice touch, but you're right sometimes "nice" isn't good enough. Be easy on him though, my guy hasn't gotten me any flowers since I threw the first bouquet he ever got me out our apt door some 18 years ago.-Veronica