Monday, July 14, 2008

What a Monday....


Memory card/laptop crisis has been solved. It took tweezers, some cursing, and even a few tears from myself, but I got the sucker out and the memory card still works and the laptop is still working. I didn't even wake up my husband to have him hear my sob story. I do think the laptop is on its last leg, as its just a lemon, but it still has some juice left, so no need to send it packing just yet.

I was so angry about this memory card situation, and Rachel had one of her bottles out and had knocked it over. The holes on her nipples are bigger cause she's older so if they are on its side milk will come out of them, and so milk came out of a bottle on the floor that I had just moped, so I made a decision immediatly to take away the Advent bottles from her and force her into the sippy cup. The photo above is photographic evidence that drank from the Nubby brand sippy cup. Yes, she must have known mommy meant business, because she drank from it the rest of the night. She fussed a little for a bottle at bedtime, but I refused to give in and she continued to drink from her sippy. I hope tomorrow my mom will feel like continuing the trend. I think we just need to stick with it, and after a few days she will be cured of the bottle attatchment. It just needs to be done, its gone on long enough, and in less then two months another baby will be here and she will need the bottles. I have to make a mental note to buy some newborn nipples for the bottles, and to introduce the sippy cup with this next baby when she is much younger...


My Monday morning was just hectic. I slept horribly of course, but had finally gotten comfy and sleeping well when it was time to get up, so I was slow moving. I had to fill up my car before heading to work and I had issues paying at the pump as I kept putting in the card in the wrong direction. I was bummed about having to take this huge iron pill that is the size of a golfball, and I felt yucky most of the day from taking it, I know that is probably totally all in my head. I just hate taking pills in general unless they are teeny, if they have any size to them, I work myself up where I feel sick to my stomach all day. I'm a head case like that.

I also tend to overwelm myself whenever I get to work on Mondays. I always feel like I have so much to do at first, and then stress and hustle, and I always get it all done pretty much by lunch, but I always get this stress feeling at first. So I was in the middle of stressing, when my freaking Granddad calls me at work....

My granddad is friends with the guy who owns the place that I was taking my rocking chair in to get reupolstered. Apparently, he's near the age of retirement, and is busy with other things, such as traveling, and enjoying life, and isn't doing this much more, but he was going to do my chair since he's friends with grandaddy. I knew this was the case, but was told I could mosey in there one day, pick out the fabric and he would get it done. WELL granddad calls me this morning at my work and tells me pretty much that this guy was on his way to the store, and needed to meet with me immediately. There was no way I was leaving work as much as I would have loved to, so this meant I needed to get the chair up there and have someone else pick out the fabric which was stressing me even further... I called my mom who didn't want to have the responsibility of picking something out for me to hate her for it if I didn't like it, and then I called the hubby... He had some time before court, so he went all the way home, got the chair, and went up there with my parents to try to figure it out. He sent me some photos of some samples by camera phone, and he did a good job I think. I agree on one, and then for some reason the guy relaxed a bit and let him take home some samples for me to see in person before making everything set in stone. Of course I went through them and found something else I like better...so I guess tomorrow we can just call him with the info and he can get started. But good lord, that paired with everything else today is about to give me a heart attack. I can't handle even the smallest bit of stress without wanting to freak out or cry.

I am ready for the weekend to get here already, so keep my husband and kids in your prayers as they deal with me until baby arrival day.

Send sippy cup vibes to Rachel the rest of this week as well....





Photobucket

No comments: