Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Uggg

I am being such a terrible friend right now...I have to confess my horribleness. I have a friend who doesn't read my blog thank god, and if she does well, I am just screwed. She has been after me to go to Virginia Beach with her for vacation this summer. She lives in Richmond, and I didn't think she was really serious as shes just not a beach person as she doesn't seem to like hot weather or being outside in general. Well apparently she is serious, and had wanted to rent a condo or house together. I got the impression she wanted me to go with the kids, and leave the husband at home. Under no circumstances would I take the kids to the beach by myself, while 8 months pregnant without my husband. She was bringing her child, and shes a single mom, but she was planning on bringing a sitter with her, and was going to have the sitter watch her son and my two. I don't think so... I don't know her sitter, and it's just not happening call me crazy.

I went the route with her at first that I wasn't planning on spending the money to rent a condo or a freaking house, and wasn't planning on using any vacation between now and the baby. I told her I would be game on getting a hotel room or something and coming by myself without the kids possibly if Dave was off on the coordinating dates and he was cool with it. She has apparently found a hotel, and has some dates in which Dave is off, and I think I am going, but I don't know if I want to go.

I kinda want to go, as I had hoped to make it to Nags Head this summer, but Dave never got around to setting that up as he had to coordinate it with his regular days off so he has time at home with me when the baby comes. So this is my chance for some beach time. But I am nervous that my friends idea of a good time will be advoiding the beach as like I said, shes not a outdoor person and she hates the hot weather. She sleeps in, and I like to get up early. When I go to the beach, I like to spend my time with my feet in the sand out in the sun, and I don't really know what her plans are.

So we have been playing email tag trying to set this up, and she's been calling my house a lot, and she always calls at crappy times, and I am bad at calling her back as I am just so unsure about this trip. I wonder if I will have a good time, or end up ticking off my friend, I wonder if traveling is even something I should be doing even if it isn't that far away, considering if I go we are going the very end of Aug and I will delivering soon. The hotel is also expensive as mess, because she wanted a place that had a resteraunt so she could eat right there...so that adds even higher expenses and I don't know how I feel about wasting the money on myself with a baby coming. Basically I want my doctor to tell me when I see him that I can't go more then 1/2 an hour away from my house, and then I can make him be the bad guy, cause I will feel like such a party pooper if I tell her I am not up to going.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh no!!!! I think you made the right decision. It sounds like your heart really wasn't in it for right now and THAT'S OK!!!! Don't beat yourself up for it. I can relate in the sense that I so often do things I don't want to do just so I can make someone else happy. I'm so proud of you for not going when you really didn't want to. She needs to understand...I mean, seriously you should get away with ANYTHING while 8 mos. pregnant!

Now, how are those stripes comin'??? :0)