Friday, July 11, 2008

Doc appointment and baby stuff

I had a doc appointment today, and all went well. I found out my blood sugar test I had went well and I passed in flying colors, thank goodness. Taking the three hour test is always a pain in the booty. My iron level remains crap. I had really been craving burgers lately, and was for sure the burgers I have been eating would do the trick. Guess not, and I got to start taking some prescription iron pills now. My weight had not changed, from 3 weeks ago, surpringly, I have been eatting such crap lately, and my activity level is really slowing down, guess the gods were just smiling on me today. So total weight gain remains 12 lbs which they say is great, and my belly is measuring exactly like it should. I was hoping to get my c-section in the books during this appointment, but apparenlty I have to see my main doc to do that and he was not in the office today... but from what the nurse practioner tells me I can have it either or the 12th or 19th of September for sure. So decisions, decisions....

I took in my FMLA and short term disability paperwork for them to fill out. It really ticks me off that my docs office charges a $15.00 to freaking stamp my docs sig on the papers.... well that pretty much what they want to do, just stamp it, and expect you to fill it out, but apparently my companies paperwork is a little more involved and asks all these questions that they want the doc to answer. The lady at the desk today asked me if I had filled everything out so she could just stamp it, I told her I had done my sections, but the rest was for them to fill out. She didn't look too thrilled, but come on people... if your going to charge $15 for it I expect you to make a little more effort. So my plan this materinty leave is to take the complete 12 weeks off which is the max. The short term disability plan will pay me for a good portion of my time out, and then I can use vacation for the other weeks or go unpaid, but I should have enough stored up to cover it all. If not I really do not care as this is my time that I can have home, I am going to take all I am entitled to. I plan on working up until I deliver, well actually my plan is since it will be a friday, to have my last day be Wendnesday, so I have Thursday to just relax and take care of some stuff.

So in other news, Dave is going to start painting tonight... he plans on painting the walls all one color, and then come back and do the stripes after that dries. He's still stressed about these stripes, let me tell you. Who knows when he will work up the courage to do that. My mission is to take a rocking chair in to be reupolostered whenever the guy at the shop is back from vacation. Crazy enough I have never had a rocking chair or glider in either girls nursery. I know I know... I wanted a glyder or a rocker, but because their furniture was white in their rooms, I wanted the rocker or glider to be white, and I didn't get around to ever getting one, nor did I want to use the cracker barrel ones we have on our porch that everyone was telling me I should do. So alas, I didn't rock my babies. Call Child Protective Services on me asap. They were great sleepers though, so I didn't really need it.

However, I have a nice dark wood rocking chair that came from my granny's house, that currently has this horrible fabric on it, and its going to go in new babies room once I get it recovered.

Today I am not sure what else I will be doing, I would like to go to the pool but the sun hasn't really come out much all week, and they are calling for rain again today, so not sure if that will pan out for us. Makes me cranky cause I have not been able to go to the pool at all this week, besides swimming lessons at the Y, and I like pool time, and apparently Laura is getting a bit upset about not going as much as she wont stop asking about it.


Photobucket

No comments: