Friday, July 25, 2008

Some more Giles House...

Our bedroom still isn't by any means clean, but its ok enough for me to post I guess... Here is the view from the door into the room...

I love our new bed we got last Januaray- from my beloved Costco. I think all married couples should have a King Size bed. There's room for our fat butts and the kids. We plan on moving the trunk that is at the foot of the bed as we usually put the pack -n- play/bassinett there when we have a newborn in the house, so they can nap and sleep some at first down near us. I love the trunk, and it belonged to my granny. I have some of my older scrapbook albums in it. Right now its covered in some clothes.

master bedroom

Photobucket




This is a view of the other side of the bedroom. We have a piece of excercise equipment that also doubles as a place for Dave to throw his uniform on, or other clothes lol. It's a el cheapo EFX machine, it works ok, but alas as you can tell it helps us hold clothes more then burn calories... Above my jewlery box stand is this cool shadow box thing I made when I was pregnant with Laura. I have in it a wedding pic of Dave and I, and the girls baby name bracelets. I plan on putting in it also a pic of the girls.

masterbedroom


One of my favorite things in our house and bedroom is our closet. It's not a huge closet, but it has plenty of room for our junk. We had Califorinia Closets comes and install their system thingy in it, and it was worth every penny. I have plenty of room for all my freaking purses and shoes, and Dave has room for all his junk as well. It was hard to get a picture of it, as I also have been storing presents in here for Christmas, and I don't want some family members to see anything they are getting so these are two sneak peeks of the closet without showing any of the presents. Yes I have started my Christmas shopping and some wrapping... I always try to start early, and I am making a bigger effort this year since I don't think I will have much time to shop with three little ones, and I want to enjoy my maternity leave...

closet 2

closet1


I also want to show off my pantry door that is in between the kitchen area and the den. My mom painted this door back in the early 90's. She's a talented lady. She paints, sews, cooks, she can pretty much do it all... It was for my sister Becky's first house for her pantry. My sister has since moved twice, and wasn't able to use the door at her other houses, so it was sadly just sitting in my parents attic for years. When we built our house we decieded to make the closet under the stairs into our pantry and I was able to use the door. My dream is for her to do a mural in the kids playroom, and we had talked about it some when I was pregant with my first one, but it's kinda hard for her to make time, so I don't think it will happen, but if she ever gets bored and wants to be creative she can come on over and get busy lol.

pantry door

1 comment:

Becca said...

OK, I totally LOVE your closet! I MUST have them come to our house. I have heard about, but never experienced their wonderful work! I wonder if I can talk Mike into it....And your mom is so talented. Your pantry door looks great!