Thursday, July 17, 2008

Flipping Rocking Chair....


You see this flipping rocking chair? Apparently to get it reupholstered I need to hit the lotto or live with guilt the rest of my life. Dave had picked a fabric that I thought was ok, and then I found one I liked better and of course they were out of that one. I picked another which was very expensive but I was going to get it anyways. So then Mr. Crazyman gives us the grand total... apparently he needs to replace the burlap in the chair and do some other reconditioning to the chair.... which brought the grand total to about ohhhh $1400.00...

I then ask about the fabric Dave had picked which is by far one of the cheaper ones... this Crazyman insists the chair needs the recoditioning, so with the fabric that I am not really that crazy about, the reconditioning, the total would be ohhhh $800.00... You should have seen my face, it was priceless. How this man can sleep at night is beyond me. He also wanted the money upfront, in cash. Seriously people... I don't care how talented this man is, he's f*ing crazy.

My nice mother who apparently smokes crack, told me I could still get this done in the fabric I like, but I just can't do it... Not even for the cheaper one... It's just way to much, and I would be afraid to sit in the chair knowing how much it cost for fear I would do something to hurt it. How nice of her, but I just can't do it. So after some mild freaking out, I made my husband go to the shop and get my chair back. It will probably sit in the attic now for life instead of the nursery, which makes me sad, but hey, for half that price I can by myself a glider or rocker brand spanking new....I am toying with the idea of asking around some other places, but I think I should just give it up and either go without a rocker or buy a new one I like that wont guilt me the rest of my life.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't blame you! We got a glider rocker thingie for Aidan's nursery and honestly, we haven't used it all that much. I ordered ours from JCPenney online and I think it was pretty reasonably priced and is pretty.