Thursday, July 24, 2008

I got about ohhhh zero sleep last night.... I was a zombie at work Wednesday, despite how much sugar I consumed, and then with the bad storms last night it just wasn't pretty around our house hold.... SO this is going to be a sleep catch up day.

Tuesday night I went and saw Mama Mia with my MIL, Dave's lovely aunt, and lovely cousin. I have never ever ever done anything like this before, and knew that 1.) I needed to spend time with his mom as I never really have 2.) I really wanted to see the movie and knew Dave wouldn't be as excited to see it, so here was a chance for me to go.

Dave's mom is super nice, don't get me wrong, but sometimes its a too weird of nice and peachy keen if that makes any sense, and our parents are just so different from each other its just odd for me sometimes, well most of the time. I have to admit I am still bitter about my ruined diaper bag, and things getting lost or misplaced with the kids... and never getting a replacement to items ruined much less a valid apology. Seriously, my poor diaper bag yall.... I have been toting around the old Vera Bradley one which is about to fall apart. The Coach one is still useable, but I am just a bit traumatized from the whole situation still, and when I see the stain on it I cringe.

So anyways, I rode with his mom and we are on our way to the movie to meet the others. The lovely panicky, have to have my way, and hold nothing back auntie calls us twice within 5 min to see where the heck we are. We were not running late or anything but she was freaking. She got so uptight she went ahead and bought our tickets as she was afraid they will sell out. This bothered me as I had brought a gift card I planned to use, so now I had to pay her back in cash. I thought to myself thats ok, I will just get some refreshments from the concession stand. Well, everyone else wanted to hurry inside and get a seat, and I didn't want to look like the fat prego woman holding everyone up to get my fix of empty calories, and sit with them if while they look at me like I am a pig. The movie was really cute though, and I enjoyed it depite the lack of refreshments. I know they are expensive, but man I gotta at least have a drink at those things.

Dave and I are going to go see the new Batman movie tonight, and I plan on getting lots of popcorn and candy and using my lovely gift card =)

Photobucket

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Dave said Batman was AWESOME! He went solo the other night since my sister is here...hope you like it!