Monday, September 29, 2008

time to get serious with the Wii

So I can't do anything crazy physical yet, but its time that I get serious with the diet at least. I plan on putting the Wii fit to serious use here as soon as I can, and I am going to sign up for the Hot Yoga classes near my house, feel free to snicker at that comment. I just want to try it out, I may end up being a drop out, but I am going to try to keep an open mind about it. If anyone else wants to be a dork with me we can sign up together =)

Back in early January I was getting serious with the weight loss and fitness. In fact I ordered a month supply of nutrisystem food from QVC, was also dabbling with weight watchers, and even bought a huge bottle of Alli from Costco...of course days later before using my goodies I found out I was pregnant... But now I am ready to put the stuff to use. I have about 5lbs to go to get where pre-baby Emily. I started taking the Alli this weekend figuring if I can't work out right now I can at least try to get a jump start with eatting better and the pills.

I personally think the Alli works good, but it is true about the side effects... if you eat more fat then you should you will have some ummm issues....but taking the pill and knowing what could happen does make me eat better, or at least work on portion control.

Dave wants to start going to the gym again, so as soon as I get the ok from the doc I guess I will be joining him. Right now Dave is playing this game every day where he says he's going to the gym at night, and then he changes his mind. I like doing the Elliptical machine, and playing raquetball, but all the other stuff over whelms me. I don't want to look like a fool trying to figure out how to the use the weights, and god forbid I actually ask someone who works there. Also, Dave prefers to swim for his cardio and of course doesn't have the patience to show me how to use the weights, so we don't work out together unless we are playing raquetball against each other lol. Those matches are always interesting as we talk crap to each other the entire time and go for blood. But we still have a good time, and I enjoy laughing at him as he swims with his "flippers". I don't know why I find that so hilarious, but the flippers just crack me up.

So anyways, I have not worked out with Wii fit since coming home with Emily, but I have been using it to weigh myself and get an idea of what my BMI is, and I set a goal to be 10lbs lighter when pre baby weight when I go back to work in December. So that means I need to lose 15 lbs, and of course do this right around the holidays. I might fail at this mission but I will give it my best shot.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh sing it sister...I'm so there with you. I need to lose 15 as well...I'd love more but 15 would make me WAY happy!!!!!! Shoot me an email...what are the "issues" with Alli? If it seriously works, DO TELL! I'm up for anything at this point.

Anonymous said...

Don't crack on the swimming. It is kick ass weight loss excercise and build muscle. You might like it....but it's bad for the hair so put conditioner on underneath your cap. :) I'm also wondering about Ali's side effects?

Anonymous said...

The wife of a guy I work with used Alli for awhile and had the infamous "issues". Ick. I don't think that's for me. LOL.

Michael said...

Everytime I play the baseball game on the wii my elbow feels like a pitched a complete game lol