Friday, September 12, 2008

1st preschool day without parents...

Today was the first day of class for Laura without a parent there. Class today was just an hour and half, to make it easier for them. Dave got home in time to tag along, so Dave, Rachel, and I walked Miss Laura into school today. Parents had been given orders to just walk them to the classroom door, not to linger, and to just tell them bye and remind them we would be back to get them soon. She went on it just fine, so we left, and I started bawling. I just can't believe she's not a little baby anymore. Dave found my behavior hilarious and laughed at me, but apparently most of the other moms in her class did the same thing, so I am not the only insane mommy. I was so happy to pick her up, and find out how she did. Her teacher said she did great the first half, but then the last half she got a little upset, and was pretty clingy with an aide, but no big deal. It will get easier and easier for her in time I am sure. She brought home the above art work creation, and you know its already on the fridge! She seems to like to talk about school, and the teachers sent home lyrics to the songs they sing in class, so you know I am trying to learn those songs as well, so we can sing them together. I am just so proud of her, and can't wait to watch and hear about all the experiences she will have this year.


Photobucket

No comments: