Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday we took Emily to the doctor for her first visit. She weighed in at 7lbs 2 oz, so she's gained back what she lost while in the hospital, plus 2 oz. He didn't measure her or do much else with her, as pretty much they just wanted to check her color to make sure she wasn't jaundice, and make sure she's eatting ok. She goes back Oct. 1st, and that day I have my incision check on the lovely belly that day as well. So far the incision seems to be doing well, as Dave has been super helpful with taking care of the older girls, and making sure I don't lift anything heavy. The other two c-sections my doc did staples on my stomach, and then they got removed before I went home, but with the issues I had last time he did stitches that will disolve, and so far so good...Like last time he took out my old scar and made a new incision.

I have to say this coming home experience has been 100 times better then coming home with baby Rachel. It wasn't that Rachel was a bad baby or anything, it was just super hectic, and anything and everything just went wrong. I seriously spent the first few days just crying. But don't go thinking we are having any more kids. Dave still has his "appointment",so this is it people! It's simply amazing how many people tell me I need to try once more for a boy. These people must be on drugs.

After the doc appointment, I ran in the Vera Bradley shop around the corner from the docs office. My parents are leaving to go out of town Wednesday, and my mom had mentioned she would like a Vera Bradley garmet bag, but didn't want so spend the money as she didn't know if she would get a lot of use out of it. They have been doing lots of trips now that my dad is retired, so I know she will use it plenty, plus she totally deserves one as she's a great mom/grandma. My parents were such a big help while I was in the hospital, and of course they are awesome about watching the kids when I work, and heck, soon they are taking on a third one. They never complain, they always want to see them more, and of course they are always spoiling them silly, plus they put up with me. So I decieded to buy her the bag as a going away gift for her trip.

We had lots of visits from some friends today which was fun. Alot of our visitors today were friends we don't get to see a lot, so its nice to catch up, and it reminds me I need to stop being a hermit and get out. I know for now I have a reason to be a hermit while I heal up some more, and bond with baby, but I tend to isolate myself way to much. Miss Jamie brought us a yummy lunch and goodies for all our munchkins which was much appreciated!

Dave will be home for me for a while, and I am loving that. He goes back in early October. He put in to get on day shift but hasn't heard back about if that will go through or not yet. I hope it goes through sooner then later, as I know working nights has got to be hard.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You amaze me. A baby less than a week ago and you "run by the Vera Bradley store"? What?

Anonymous said...

I hope Miss Emily slept last night considering she slept the entire time I held her yesterday! I enjoyed visiting with you yesterday and we should definitely get the kiddos together again as I think they played pretty well together. And, if you or Dave ever need your boy fix, you can always borrow Aidan! ;)