Friday, September 5, 2008

Preschool recap...

Ok so she only had to be there an hour today, and the parents had to stay, BUT it was the first official day of school, and we were quite the proud family today...This morning Dave was home and lost his mind thinking he was going to dress her in jeans and polo shirt... Nothing wrong with the play clothes, but she needed to wear a special outfit. I was back and forth between this and a cute sunflower outfit, but we went with the new Apple Dress and red shoes from Gymboree. Dave joked on me saying they said not to dress the kids in nice clothes. I told him I didn't care if she poured paint on herself today, she was going to wear a cute dres...For the record, every other little girl we saw going to school today was dressed up too in cute dresses, so apparently I am not the only wack mom.

So this morning we had a photshoot outside, and my parents go to see her and my mom took a bunch of pics as well, and then I left with Laura for school which is is super close by. I got a little weepy before we went in, which caught me off guard, as I didn't think I would get all sentimental. She held my hand and we did our mandatory school required handwashing before going to the classroom, and I turned in her needed classroom supplies they ask for. I also turned in some pictures that they are going to use to make a snack placemat with. They wanted pictures of the kids, family members, etc... so I did my best to grab a good variety. Laura played well and was actually sharing like a champ. Where is this at home with her sister? She hates sharing anything with her...They sang songs, or rather stared at their teachers singing songs, as the kids do not know the words yet. They had a special snack of icecream, and then we left to go home. She loved it! Next week she goes a little longer but parents can't stay this time, I had thought earlier this week that parents weren't going to be there today, but thankfuly re-read the info, so I didn't look like a bad parent today ditching my kid. So, next week should be very interesting when I leave her totally... I think she will be fine, well, hopefully...But I am sure if she loses it she wont be the first kid or the last kid.

So proud of her!!!



Photobucket

No comments: