Friday, September 12, 2008

Michael's


I ended up dragging out some of the fall decorations yesterday afternoon, (mental note, the attic needs some serious organization) and have most of them up. I figure I can fidle with them over the weekend and arrange them all like I want in time. I also made my Michael's run, and though I didn't get what I had in mind, I did pick up some cool stuff. I had this "vision" (picture from a magazine I totally wanted to copy) and needed black tulle and some cool beading in fall colors... no black tulle to be found... major bummer... also no beading like I had in mind either... I got over it though as I spied some things that the floral designer there was making, and soon enough I was stalking her. Seriously I kept going around and around her booth area. She was carving those fake pumpkins with some special heat tool thingy, and was carving out letters on the pumpkins... you totally know this is up my alley... Immediatly I pictured a pumpkin with a G on it on our porch, and needed to make this happen... She was in the middle of doing a big order, and she looked pretty tired, so I made Dave approach her and ask her if she could do some for us. She only charged a dollar for the carving, and I guess I could have been all crafty and figured it out on my own after ruining a hand full of fake pumpkins, and buying some expensive heat tool thing, but I rather just get the pro to do it... So we are now the proud owners of a personalized pumpkin... I know your all just seething with jealousy... So head to Michael's and spend that dollar...

Photobucket

No comments: