Tuesday, April 1, 2008

What not to wear

So I found a new blog I like read and they just did an article that is now making me rethink my work clothing. Read the article first here http://www.blissfullydomestic.com/2008/03/just-say-no-to.html

I work in a pretty casual enviornment. The nurses wear whatever scrubs they want, and other staff like myself which is like 2-3 other people just dress casual. There isn't a dress code, and its just not a dress up place. I guess I COULD wear a nice suit from time to time, and if there is some crazy mondo meeting I do make more of an effort to be pulled together.


So here are a few rules of casual work dresscodes I have broken according to the blog. I have been guilty of wearing flip flops to work. I think I first did this when I was pregnant with my first and my feet were so swollen I just went with what felt best. However, I admit to wearing them when I have not been pregnant, and sometimes it has been because I like to look at my pretty pedicured toes after I get them done. One time when I was pregnant I even wore slippers to work. In my defense they sorta resembled Uggs, or at least I hoped they would. Someone called me out on it. Crocs are also a nono according to the writter. Nurses at the unit sometimes wear them, although they are cracking down on it with them if they have the holes as blood could get in their shoes, but yes I have worn them as well, and yes they are ugly as can be but man don't they feel good? I have also done the tennis shoe bit from time to time.

Don't get me wrong, I know that sometimes this may make me appear to be unprofessional when I am in a professional placement, but in my defense most of my work is done in the privacy of my office as its basically a paperwork job. But maybe I do need to work on my dress especially since I tend to slack on it during pregnancies.

No comments: