Monday, March 31, 2008

Akward moment number 5467

So yesterday afternoon I went to a baby shower for a friend. Her husband is someone I have known for years through when I played baseball as a kid, and now my husband works with him and they have become really close. Stevie invited some of his male friends over for the shower, and they pretty much stayed in the other room watching TV during the festivities. Stevie has a older brother named Bobby who I kinda sorta dated in highschool. We went out on a date, but I had a boyfriend so I was being a big cheater- yes call me all the names in the book- but hey, I was 17. Anyways, he was always trying to get me to dump my boyfriend my senior year, and get me in trouble.



Flash forward to this past spring at Bush Gardens. Dave, Mandy, and I went to Bush Gardens to walk around and ride some rides, and we all got in line for Bumper Cars. In line as well was Bobby and one of his little girls. He is in fact married now with 2 girls of his own. My friend Mandy has a past with Mr. Bobby herself as he was her first kiss so we were acting like complete fools, or at least I was. I didn’t want him to see me as I hate anyone who hasn’t seen me since highschool as it makes me feel really fat as I am not the twig I once was. Would have been different if he was all fat and balding myself, but he looked exactly the same. So Mandy and I turn around and make sure we don’t make eye contact with him and are relieved when he is finally gone.



So back at the baby shower Bobby is there with his wife, and he comes up to me while I am getting come food and says to me, “ I have seen you like 5 times in the past year and you just ignore me.” I pretend I don’t have a clue what he’s talking about, and remind him that the first time I have seen him since high school was at his mothers funeral about a month ago. He says back,” oh no, I saw you and Mandy at Bush Gardens in line for Bumper Cars and you bother were acting like snobs.” So I was totally busted and felt like a huge moron then and there. At least it broke the ice and I don’t have to hide anymore lol.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Hahaha...that made me LOL. I hate moments like that. Once I told someone who had been out of work due to the death of her father that it had been "like a death without her there." INSERT FOOT IN MOUTH! I don't even know where I got that phrase to say it to her! Duh!!!!