Monday, April 28, 2008

My kids are zombies

My kids have pretty much slept the day away, they don't nap or sleep very well at my in-laws house, and they even came here Saturday night hoping they would do better in their cribs, but no dice! I guess they are just used to us or my parents being around during nap times and bed times. But regardless my kids have been soo sleepy, and Rachel has a fever going on and a rash so I am waiting around to take her to the doctor. I was going to work today but I think the kids need some home time with me, which they are using mainly to sleep, so I guess Friday I will be carrying my butt into work when I usually have that as my off day. Depending on what Rachel has going on I might need to be home with her tomorow. I just hope she doesn't have 5th disease, cause its not so good for pregnant women! Her rash doesn't look like it, but shes has a low grade fever for the past few days, and now today the rash, but I am probably over reacting, so I will just let the doctor tell me whats going.

On another note I have been doing good with trying to be more environmentaly friendly. I have been great about using my own bags at the grocery store. I really like how easy my bags make it for taking things into the house, and you can really load those suckers down instead of having two things in plastic bag. I have been trying to use dishtowels more rather then papertowels, as this family can sure go through some paper towels just like that. I also joined my areas freecycle group, after I finally filled out the online enrollement thing correctly lol. I got rejected the first time as I didn't read the enrollment stuff close enough and see I had to put in some needed information. Tonight I am picking up my first free items from another local house, (its girl clothes in larger sizes for this winter) AND I have someone picking up a vacume we have had in our attic that my grandparents gave me a while back. So we shall see how it goes. If I don't like the clothes I get I am going to just donate them to the goodwill or something. It's a pretty neat concept so hopefully tonights experiences will go well. It's cool just to see what people are giving away.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I've gotten pretty into this "green" thing too! It's like now I'm always looking for ways to change...I never even thought about it before :0(