Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Monday might be the day!

I never got a really cool 3d or 4d ultrasound with my first two kiddos, and with this baby I decieded I wanted to do it. My docs office doesn't have one of those machines, and at my last appointment he pretty much told me he doesn't like those places that just offer the "fun" ultrasounds places as he feels it should be done only in doc office. I see his point, but still I want to get one done, so don't tell my doctor I am going. SHHHH!!!!!!

I found a place in Chesapeake which is a bit of a hike away that does them, and I called got a message saying to leave my name and someone would call me back in the evening. So I left a message and gave my number where they could reach my in the evening. I got a not so nice message back from them today when I was at work saying they can't call me in the evening as noone is in the office then, and they needed me to call back with more info ( I don't care if they don't but their stupid message said thats only when they call). ANYWAYS, according to their website they can tell you the gender as early as 18 weeks.

I also found a place in Hampton which is much closer that does the same thing. I was a bit hesitant at first as I am not a big Hampton person and was wondering what kind of establishment it was, but after looking into it I think its fine. The owner who is a nurse says she will tell people at 16 weeks, which is where I am almost at and will be at by Monday. OK OK I know there is a possibility that they can totally be wrong at that is pretty early for them to tell you, but I have my main one from the doctor a few weeks later, so I can get complete confirmation then. I know I sound like a complete nut ball, but I just want to know. I don't know how some people go the entire time without finding out. I think it would be cool to be surprised, but I like to prepare. Personally, the gender neutral clothes I got before I knew I was having a girl with my first baby, I never put her in as I wanted her to wear the cute girly stuff rather then a yellow outfit. I also want to have a fun nursery all planned out in a boy or girl theme.

I will confess one thing. I have been looking pretty hard at boy stuff. I don't really feel one way or the other about what I think I will have, but because I never really looked at boy stuff before and I have been thinking about what I would buy if I had a boy and scanning the Pottery Barn baby boy stuff pretty fierce. Regardless though I will be excited and love him or her no matter what!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The place we went to was in VaBeach. We had to go THREE times before Aidan would grace us with his face. Make sure the place allows return visits if you don't get good shots.