Monday, April 28, 2008

So we are back and we had a great time! Charleston is such a neat place, and I can see why people love it so much. We got there late Thursday about dinner time and explored the area a little, but most things were closed so we ended up going to Folly Beach and hanging out on the beach and pier some, and then having dinner at a place across the street. We were both pretty zonked after a long day of driving, so we crashed not long after our late dinner.

The next day we went back to the Historic area to where the shops are started off at the market. My mom wanted a sweet grass basket which are these crazy over priced baskets made out of pineneedles, sweetgrass, and some palm tree leaves, so we got one at the market for her. We also got a few other gifts for my parents and Dave's parents for keeping the kids. I even scored a cool pineapple thingy for Dave's aunt that I am going to give her for Christmas. We then to a few shops and I was excited their J.Crew carried Crew Cuts which is their kid line, as our J. Crews around here don't carry it, so I went a bit nuts and got some cute stuff for the kids. Dave even scored us a discount for being a police officer. We then had a quick lunch and went to a massage place to get massages. I am usually not the biggest fan of prenatal massages cause I prefer massage where I am flat on my back and on my stomach, and for prenatal ones they generally put you on your side with a body pillow, but this massage was awesome, and I wish the therapist was here locally as she rocked.

We then spent the rest of the day back at Folly Beach back at the pier and on the beach, and then had dinner at some Crab House that had been flipped by the famous house flipper guy in Charleston that Dave is obsessed with watching.
That night we went back to the historic area and did a night ghoust tour cause we are goobers like that. It was a neat tour, but we didn't see any ghousts lol.

The next day we went to Middleton Plantation which was gorgous. I am obsessed with the giant oak trees in Charleston and there were plenty at this plantation for me to gawk over. We then went back to the Historic Area and had lunch and did some more shopping, and then some hanging out at the parks. We walked our butts off this weekend and saw everything we possibly could. I def will go back.

No comments: