Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Stranger Danger

I go back to work tomorrow. That has me upset enough. Strangers keep ringing my door bell freaking me out, upsetting me even more. Yesterday some guy selling frozen meat/chicken out of the back of his truck came over while Dave was napping and I seriously thought he was going to murder me and my family. Not. Even. Kidding.... He made me feel really uncomfortable, and would not take no for an answer when I wouldn't spend several hundred on his crap. I kept plotting in my head how I would attempt to beat him up. Seriously, I was scared to death, and when I finally got him to leave, I ran and woke up Dave and made him find him to see if he was legit. I had it worked up in my head that it was some guy Dave had arrested in the past and he was coming over to kill us. Dave confirmed later after finally finding him around the corner that he was legit, and just a pushy sales guy, while I stayed at home making sure all windows were locked, and pondering if I should learn how to shoot a gun.

Then this morning our neighborhood was attacked by Jehovah's Witnesses ringing my door bell like 10 times. I refused to answer it and made the kids sit with me in the den until they went away.

Please people do not ring my door bell if I don't know you. I don't want any freaking meat, or to hear about how I am going to hell. Seriously....your giving this girl a ulcer.

3 comments:

Mrs. S said...

Yikes. I would have been worried too.

I especially don't like getting magazine offers.

Jenny said...

Ok, it's not funny but the way you've told it, seriously has me cracking up. I FEEL THE SAME WAY-I will not open my door unless someone calls me first. Too many freaks out there.

Good luck back at work, hun. I know it's hard... :0(

Anonymous said...

We live on the safest island in America and I still peek through my window and avoid strangers like I haven't been home in months. Don't blame you a bit-you have the safety of all three girls to consider as well as your own. Good luck at work today! Hopefully it will go by quickly.