Saturday, December 6, 2008

Home made ornaments...

I saw how to make the cutest ornaments on Kelly's Korner's blog, and I have copied her. Click Here to see her post Super easy and cheap to make. I am going to give them out at my Christmas party we are having, and I have decieded to give them to my co-workers as well. I have a bunch of co-workers since I work at two units, so it's cost friendly, and who doesn't like getting a ornament? I just have to try to remember all their freaking names since I have been away from work for 3 months lol. In all honesty, I just made a few for some of my fav co-workers, and then decided I better just make them for everyone. I might need to be in good graces since I am sure work is going to be stressful for me at first. Might also help me avoid a few stink eyes from cranky nurses...

I bought the glass ornaments at Joanne's, but pretty much any craft place sells them. I got a box of 4 large ones for $2.99 Then I put inside of them the shredded paper. I bought this at the dollar store. I also got this shredded tinsel (same aisle at dollar store) stuff that looks cute in them too. I tied ribbon on the tops, and then put on stickers for the monogram. I have a bunch of alphabet stickers in my scrapbook stash so it was nice to use some of that up. So simple, would be a great idea for a project with kids too. I actually saw some kinda like this at the craft show I just went to with a price tag on it that made me want to ask the seller if she was smoking reefer. I wanted to just stand there and tell people to save their money and make their own. That's one thing I love about going to craft shows, or heck even browsing on Etsy.com. You see so many ideas that you can make yourself.


I didn't take any pics of the ones I have made 'cause some people who are getting them are probably reading so I have to leave some element of surprise you know?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stink eyes from crazy nurses? I detect some sarcasm in that comment. Cute,cute, cute idea, thanks for sharing.