Friday, December 5, 2008

Flash Back Friday....


Vanessa is probably cracking up right now if she's seeing this. This picture was taken spring 1998, my senior year of highschool. It's a pic of my highschool best bud and I. I played softball for my highschool and for a ASA team. I grew up playing baseball and made the switch to softball when I was 16. My senior year of softball was a blast. I can't even really describe it, but it was just awesome. Our team was excellent that year, seriously, I think we had the best talent, and I can't remember stats, but we did great, and should have been 1st place, but I do know we weren't, but we were pretty close, and we deserved it. Seriously, one of the best times in my life was playing highschool softball. Our team was like a little family, and I wish I could go back in time and spend a day on the field with everyone from the team again. I had planned on playing in college, but I never went out for the team. I said I was going to take a year off, and well that turned into 4 years off. I regret it in a sense, but then again, the extra time on my hands allowed me to focus on my grades which rocked in college, and of course allowed me to gain a crap load of weight from not being physical. I started playing slow pitch softball in 2007 after I had Rachel, and got to play with some people on my old team and people we played against. I love it, but it's just not the same. I don't have the crazy competiveness, and good lord, I am actually afraid of getting hurt at times now, and I was fearless then. Guess that's part of getting old!


Photobucket

No comments: