Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Costco for Christmas shopping..and other random stuff

Costco has awesome deals going that make great Christmas presents... I am sure everyone has already heard about the Starbucks gift card pack they have going.... you get 5 $20 gift cards for 79.99, how awesome is that?? I am thinking about getting that so I have both of Laura's teachers covered plus both of my bosses, and then I have one left over for myself, or an extra for a gift in case someone gives me one that I wasn't prepared for. Those situations are always awkward..."Gee thanks, umm I didn't get you diddly squat!"

If you know someone into Spa services they also have a Spafinder package in which you get 2 $50 gift cards for 79.99. I went on Spafinders website to see how close a place would take them was from me, and no joke I have at least 5 nice spas nearby that accept those gift cards... Victoria's Day Spa is one place for example....

On Costco's website they have a gift card for one adult 2 year member ship to 24hr fitness... for get ready... $289.99... yepp that's all a 2 year gym membership will cost you... that's a great deal, and I hear that gym is great...I think the closest one around here is in Smithfield and Hampton, so it wont really work for me, but if someone got it for me I would find a way to use it gosh darn it. Actually, it would be perfect for my husband with his weird schedule, and since he works in Hampton... but then he would drop the Y membership and then where would that leave me? Plus I have his Christmas shopping done.

Itunes gift cards also have a bundle going on with super savings....

Online they are also offering this stinking cute car... Click Here

Santa is debating on purchasing it... Santa really wanted to get a two seater battery operated car so Laura and Rachel could share it. Only problem is all the two seaters are out of budget for the most part, so if Santa gets this should he get two of them or just get one and let someone get another car next year.... this mom really doesn't want to listen to someone having a fit because they can't handle taking turns, but she doesn't want to have the garage piled up with a bunch of battery cars either...Should I bite the bullet and get one, or hold out for a good deal on a two seater??? Decisions, Decisions...

In other matter close to my heart my mom had me stop in our local Vera Bradley store in Port Warwick today to pick out a purse for one of my girls for her to give for Christmas. I had seen in a flyer they were going to have Christmas Ornaments... They had one left- the pink and green one... and they said they were unable to get anymore in, so you know that sucker came home with me, and is all happy to be on my pink tree! I also went next door to a shop and found a ornament for my sister's ornament exchange party this coming Saturday. You didn't think I would offer up the Vera Bradley one did you???? HA! No way no day.... But the one I picked out is cute, so it will make someone happy.

Last night I made my mom's oreo ball cookies. You have to make them too, they are super easy. I think I am going to make a bunch and take into work next week when I have to go back for Christmas presents....

Ingredients..One Block of cream cheese, one bag of oreos, melted choc for dipping (I used choc. almond bark but anything works)

crumble cookies (I put all of mine in a big ziplock bag and beat the crap out of it with a rolling pin) then combine cream cheese and cookie crumbles and beat with a mixer until well mixed. Form mixture into little balls and then dip them into the melting chocolate. You can use a tooth pick to do this, but I used my pampered chef egg white separator and had great results. Allow chocolate to harden and then eat them all up. SOOO good... and easy... seriously the ones I made are already gone....which is why I am actually going to take a jog today later...

1 comment:

The Family said...

I LOVE oreo balls! I might make some myself! But then I would have to jog too!

Also, I would hold out for the 2 seater. Super cute!