Friday, December 12, 2008

Flashback Friday

This is a picture of my Poppy (moms dad) and I am not sure how old I was, but he passed away October I believe in 1982, and I was 2 when he died. I look pretty close to two in this pic. My mom told me that Monday would have been his 90th birthday. He passed away due to Cancer. I actually kinda remember him which I know may seem crazy, but I do have a few blurry memories. I remember him coming over close to Christmas. Which means I wasn't even two, so maybe its just a dream or something, but seriously, I remember my mom wrapping presents on the kitchen table, and him coming over by himself in the middle of the day just to visit. Maybe my mom and confirm for me, so if she's reading leave a comment for me on here. I also remember his funeral. I know that memory is real, as I remember a lot of details from that. I remember the carpet in the funeral home was green, and I remember my dad holding me while we looked at Poppy in the coffin, and how I was confused and thinking he would just wake up, and then sitting during the service and wondering why my mom was crying. My other grandfather told me at my grannys funeral this past Feb. that he had he took me outside during the funeral for poppy as I was upset, but I don't remember that. You know now that I think of it, I remember meeting some lady many many years ago, and she introduced herself and said she took me outside and watched me during that funeral as well, so I wonder which one was right, or maybe they both are?


Photobucket

1 comment:

AverettLadyNana said...

You're right, he and Uncle Waverly came by while I was wrapping gifts.
Granddaddy took you out as you were crying to go see Poppy. He told you they had closed his bed for Heaven and as he was taking out outside, NanLee (Ashley's mom)came from around front to the back to the family room door and she took you outside so Granddaddy could come back in.