Sunday, March 15, 2009

Shoping adventures, and dirty houses...

I went back to the meca of all Tjmaxx/Homegoods store, in Virginia Beach yesterday. It did not disappoint. I scored some cute silver and pink new balance sneakers for $24.99, which I had to buy since I have not bought sneakers since 06, I am long over due, especially if I keep my workouts going. My other shoes have seen better days if you know what I mean... If you ever need a frame Tjmaxx is the way to go. I have been looking for a nice 8x10 frame to put one of Emily's portraits in, and I am glad I waited as I got a gorgous matted one for 9.99. I also got a pretty frame that holds 4 4x6 pictures matted as well for 14.99. I am glad I waited, as these are perfect and a million times cheaper then any other place.

I also picked up a dress for work, a cute top, and a zebra print paper holder for my desk at work. I have gotten on this zebra kick, and yesterday that had a crazy amount of zebra stuff. I used serious restraint. I mean you can only have but some much animal print stuff before you have to start wearing spandex skirts, hooker boots, and blue eyeshadow.

They also had a big display of Lilly Pulitzer clothes, most of it was for women who do not eat, but they had a cute pair of hot pink capri pants that actually fit my behind. I should have bought them, but I already had a crap load of other stuff in my cart. So that went back. Seriously, If I was told I could only shop in two stores for the rest of my life it would be Costco, and Tjmaxx. S

I went shopping yesterday with my friend/babysitter, who made me feel extreamly old when I shocked her by telling her No Doubt was big when I was in high school. Seriously people, she thinks they are a fairly new band. Oh, and she scored even bigger points when she said I need to pay her to clean my house. HA! She reads my blog, so I am sure she will get a kick out of my statements. Honestly, she didn't offend me. My house isn't in top form unless we are having a gathering. I heard this on the radio the other day, and basically it's been true for me. "If you want to see me come any time, if you want to see my house make an appointment". Don't you just hate it when someone just stops on by and your house is looking like a war zone? I always die a little inside when that happens to me.

I don't know if any other parents feel this way, but seriously I spend a lot of time cleaning every freaking day and still my house looks like crap half the time because of kids, and my husband has habbits of making little clutter piles EVERYWHERE. I have major issues with the daily messes because I am super anal. Every day I attempt to organize one thing, run a load of laundry, and clean something, and I just can't catch up. I did a little happy dance the other day as I finally got caught up on the kids laundry, and had it all put away, and then I look to my left, and another load of kid laundry had formed again. I just can't win. The kids come behind me and throw their stuff everywhere, and after every meal the kitchen takes a major beating. It's impossible for me to go to work, keep the house clean, and spend time with my three kids and husband. I don't even work that many hours in a week for goodness sakes, and I just can't keep up. Anyone have any suggestions? I used to have someone come once a month, honestly they weren't too impressive, and they over charged, and I gave up on finding anyone else. I did look into The Cleaning Authority, but they were even more money and at a minum they come every other week, and it's different people in your house, and my husband has seen a lot of people that work for them in court if you know what I mean....

Enough ranting, I gotta do some cleaning!!!

**edit** girlfriend gave me a $50 quote to vacume, dust, and swifter the downstairs. Which would take a hour TOPS, and that's being super slow. Um no, but if this is the going rate then I am quiting my job asap and becoming a cleaning lady. Love you Sarah!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm totally with you on the "make an appointment to see my house"! And my kids will have to be out of the country because they can destroy my house within 30 minutes of the housekeeper leaving!!!

Jamie said...

Robyn, I have one baby and I am home full-time, and I can't keep my house clean either. It is a vicious cycle...I feel like a hamster in a wheel...I get it clean and then before we go to bed, it's like 'wha...didn't i just...???" Oh well. I just go for one room to be presentable and then close all the other doors :) Oh, and Jedd has "warm spots" (clutter) all over the house, too. Drives me crazy...

Whitney (for the rest of the Shouses) said...

I've decided zebra and other animal print is ok in small doses, too, and my best place is my office/classroom. I'm a little obsessed, too, but it doesn't go well with the house and I feel a little hooker-ish wearing more than a very small amount. The house is a constant battle for all moms and is SO frustrating!!