Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hot Yoga Recap

Hot Yoga was awesome… I was nervous about going but I have to say I am so glad I tried this, and I might just be hooked. The room was rather warm. Duh it’s hot yoga, but it wasn’t as hot as I thought it would be. The temp they say is 100 degrees, and I sweated my butt off, but it was a good sweat if that makes any sense. The room was full of mirrors and kept dark.

The place I went to is right near my house, and you can sign up for classes that they have daily at all different times online which is really cool. I signed up for a class tonight and tomorrow night as well since I liked it so much. If your new it’s $10 for a week and you can go as much as you want. After that then there are different rates depending on how much you go. If you want to just drop in and pay it’s $15 a session (sessions last 60 min), and then of course the sessions are cheaper if you pre-pay for some in advance.

I am sticking to the sessions that are beginner friendly, and I am hiding out in the back of the class. The instructor was good about giving attention one on one when needed, and suggested some poses for some people who obviously spend a lot of time at yoga given how flexible they were. As for my flexibility, it’s pretty crappy. It was relaxing, and a awesome workout if that makes any sense. A yoga mat is required, but they have some to rent, and yoga mats are under $20, and can be found at Walmart, Target, etc. They give you a towel to put over your mat to give your feet some gripping because of the sweat, and you get a hand towel to dry yourself off when needed, and you are required to have a bottle of water the room to stay hydrated.

I felt really good after the session, and even peaceful , which surprised me because I am not someone who relieves stress by meditating. (Side note, at a Catholic School I went to the religion teacher had us do these meditation exercises and I was always in a fit of giggles thinking it was the dumbest thing ever) I was nervous I would be a giggle box at Yoga, but it wasn’t like that. If anyone wants to do it with me I have an extra yoga mat! You know you want to sweat your butt off with me!!



Photobucket

1 comment:

Veronica said...

so cool. I was wondering how it went. I'll have to think about trying. But I have a fear that my other personality (old man Henry) will slip out as I'm stretching into place.