Monday, March 2, 2009

I am alive. I have just been very busy. Right now I am home, as I decieded over the weekend that since they were calling for snow it would be best to take Monday off rather then Wednesday like I had previously planned. I couldn't do friday this week because of work stuff. So Monday it was, which is good as I don't like to go anywhere when it snows, AND we got some snow! Will post pics later. We have not had snow in years... so this is exciting stuff.

I have been busy with trying to declutter and organize. I went to a scrapbooking get together at a ladies house Friday night, that she recently moved into and let me say her home is awesome.... She has a shed type house thingy in her backyard, that the previous owner used as a office into her scrapbook shack, and let me tell ya, it was awesome. It was like a freaking scrapbook store in there. Her home, and scrap shack were decorated some beautfuly and organized so well. It was hard to come back to my house that has been taken over by kiddos and chaos. So I have been on a rampage, and I have a notebook. The notebook is for gathering plans. HEHEEHE, my husband is sooo excited...or not....We have been slowly repainting all the rooms. When we built the house 5 years ago, we had the painters just do a light cream color in all the rooms, and we used a flat paint. BIG MISTAKE. Flat paint just sucks. It leaves finger marks everywhere, its impossible to clean without rubbing away pain, it's just horrible. So far we have repainted our bedroom, dining room, den, and the kids rooms. Dave also has done some trim work in some rooms. BUT we have not done anything since Emily's room got done shorly before her debut. So after seeing this house, I have my butt in gear.

So what do I want to do? I want to first repaint the breakfast nook. I am horrible at coming up with colors. I am thinking maybe a maroon red color, or maybe a spicy mustard color? Hard to say... My kitchen countertops are a moss green color, and I plan on painting the kitchen area a light taupe color I think...I really want a color that will stand out in the nook.

I also want more chair rail, and trim work done starting with the entry wall. I also want to paint the entry way, which may require us actually having to hire a painter as the entry way has super high ceilings. Anyone know anybody cheap? I also want to repaint the living room, my sorry excuse for a craft room (after seeing homegirls scrap shack, I obviously have some work to do). I also want to paint the playroom. These have all been things Dave and I have been talking about, and now I am ready to get started. I am for the first time in a long time not preggo, so I am ready to get a move on. Dave before has done all the painting as I used the excuse of being pregnant and the paint fume thing to my advantage. He totally bought it, and never said a word when I had my hair colored throughout pregnancy's I some how dealt like a champ with hair coloring fumes.

So all weekend I have been organizing, plotting, and now I am ready to start painting...as soon as I pick some colors out... I will post pics later and can use any suggestions....

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somewhere in my pile-o-housethings I have a card of a painter that the previous owner used and liked. No clue how cheap they are, but I'm planning on using them to paint my stairway b/c the ceiling is so high. I will find it and msg you the info.

Cher said...

I know the angst you're feeling about picking out paint colors and such. With planning the move, I have been in organization and paint color overload that my brain has completely shut down. I keep having dreams that everything with be the same bland color. If you find a cheap painter, feel free to let us know. I could use any help!