Saturday, March 7, 2009

A little bit of this and that...

Dave and I went on a date to the movies last night to see Madea goes to Jail. I love those Madea movies, so freaking funny... **SPOILER ALERT **Any hoo, there is a part in the movie in which Madea is given court orders to get Anger Management, and she is set up with Dr. Phil for a private session. The session doesn't go so well and Dr. Phil asks her to leave after she ruffles his feathers so much, and explains she's doesn't have anger management issues she's just getting even. Dave kept nudging me through out the whole scene whispersing "that's you". Whatever, Madea rocks. We don't need any stinking anger management.

In our family news, Laura is doing better. Emily isn't as sniffy, and Rachel is being a trooper. We plan on spending the day outside playing. I may take them over to the VLM today to see the fish and animals, and walk on the trails. Dave has been busy with trim work. I have been tring to pick out paint for the entry way and kitchen nook, but some how came home with a paint color for the living room... Don't ask me how that happend... but I fell in love with the martha stewart color cake stand blue, and I think it will be perfect for the living room. It's a super duper pale blue, and so pretty. I am leaning towards a pale yellow for the entry wall, and possibly a light sage green color for the nook, but I still have not settled, and I have been searching other colors still.

I also have bought more vinyl letter crap. I got on the kick somewhat this summer when I was doing different projects in my pregnacy hormone driven state. You might remember the easter buckets I put monograms on for the girls with. I also did something with a milk can on our front porch, and put up a Giles Family thingy in the den long ago. Well, the ladies house I went to last week used a lot of the vinyl sticky stuff in her decorating, and inspired me to use it a little more. So I got back on etsy.com again and poured over a bunch of options. I ended up buying one for Rachel's room, a cute quote for our room, and another for the bathroom. I plan on getting a few more, but will wait until we finish painting. I will post some pics of all of it. There is just so much you can do with them. They look so good, and are so easy to put up. Seriously, I did them all on my own with kids running circles around me. They also come down easily so you don't have to worry about taking them down if you get sick of them. They don't hurt your walls. They are also extreamly affordable...which is a major plus. Pictures to come soon!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Im actually going to a vinyl lettering/quote party next Sat at my friend Raquels house, if you want to join. Let me know, i'll pick you up on the way. I have a catalog and the stuff is adorable!

Anonymous said...

I LOVED that movie. It was so funny.

It's nice to see another Tidewater area blogger!