Sunday, March 8, 2009

Can you believe we had snow last week?





I know these are the same pics I posted on my facebook and myspage page, so if you follow me on those, sorry for repeating. Anyways, the pics were taken yesterday near the end of the day after Dad came home. We spent a lot of time outside yesterday blowing bubbles, drawing sidewalk chalk, etc. Isn't it funny that we have a million expensive toys for the kids such as the jeep, and the kids rather just play with dollar tree toys like bubbles and sidewalk chalk. Hey, makes my life easier.
After naps I took Laura and Rachel to the Virginia Living Museum. I always feel like mom of the year when I take my kids there. It's educational, outdoorsy, and kid friendly. Let's face it, I mainly do it to get away from the house for a little while. It is a neat place, and the girls love it. For the past two years Dave and I have purchased Couple Memberships to the VLM. Currently the cost is $65 for the couple membership. We have most definitly gotten our use out of them because kids under 2 are free, and well we purchased it when Laura wasn't three so she's good to go until we have to renew. They also have family memberships which are $85 for a year. They have nice indoor exhibits, and outdoor ones on a trail. It's also extreamly child friendly. I love that it's just a couple of miles from our house.
After the kids wake up from their mid day nap, I am heading over to the park near my old highschool to boost my good mom confidence some more, and to enjoy the nice weather.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Your girls are so stinking cute! Isn't it funny how being outside makes us feel like better moms?! It just feels like I accomplished something :) I am so excited for Spring!!

Unknown said...

So cute! We played outside & rode around the farm on the golf cart today & yesterday!