Sunday, March 29, 2009

Scrapbooking...



I love scrapbooking. LOVE IT. I think it is so important to take picture, and organize them because when it's all said and done only memories and pictures remain. The problem? It's time consuming. I have started getting into digial scrapbooking. I have much love for the website howfasttheygrow.com. But the cookie cutter type templates just don't cut it sometimes, and if you do a lot of pages it's expensive. I also hate waiting for them to come through the mail. I recently branched out and bought Creative Memories digital stuff. If you have not checked out Creative Memories lately you are missing out. Their products have thankfully gotten with the program. There not the crappy stickers, plain paper you are thinking of anymore. Admit it, you too got sick of the poor selection and started hitting up Michael's and your local scrapbook store. Personally I had just been buying their albums and some of the tools because I wasn't impressed with much else of their selection. Well that has changed...They have a huge digital line, and their papers and stickers are pretty darn cute.

I bought the creative memories story book creator plus and their memory manger, and I AM IN LOVE. The memory manager is awesome for photo editing and organizing. I almost didn't get it as I figured I could organize the photo's just as well on the computer, but I am really glad I bought it. The story book creator is really easy to use as well. I seriously just did two pages after playing around for a second, and I love it. You can pick your papers, embellishments, add text, change font, etc etc. The cool thing is you can save your pages and then upload them to costco.com as they print pics in size 12 x 12 and even 8 x 8. I just ordered the two above pages 5 min ago, and I plan on picking them up today when I make my costco run. I am excited I can have creative freedom again with the digital style, and can get my pages asap through Costco at low prices. This might mean I might be caught up on my albums soon! EVEN better...I always make an album for the grandparents for Christmas, and this will be a quicker, easier, and cheaper way, as I could print the same pages in 8 x8 sizes for them (the size I usually use for their books). Wow my life just got easier...Thanks again Costco.

If you need a creative memories consultant I have the best one ever...

Photobucket

1 comment:

Jenny said...

OMG! I'm soooooooooo checking this out. I've never even heard of that! The pages look great. Thanks for sharing. I too love the digital way of scrapping but am kind of bored with HFTG and agree they are pricy. That's amazing Costco can print them. I'm psyched!

How was your trip???