Tuesday, March 10, 2009

CHEESE!!!

Laura had school pictures today. No, it wasn't her normal school day, but the photographer couldn't be there on her normal school day so her class had to come in for this event. I, being a super control freak, didn't trust anyone else to dress her and take her to school for this, so I took off to handle this. Total waste....We got there at our scheduled time, but they were beind, so we sat and watched a few classes get their pics done. She was being super clingy the entire time, warning sigh number one. Then when it was FINALLY our turn, they did a class picture first. She was sitting fine for it, even had a smile on her face, when the photographer decieded to move her and another girl as they both had on dresses and you could see their diaper/underwear. Laura evidently did not want to be moved and had a melt down...Great just great.

Then we went to do individual pics....I knew it wasn't going to go well, and we sat and waited while every other child did just wonderful and gave million dollar smiles. Not my child. She freaked out. Guess I wont go breaking the bank when it comes time to purchase pics. I think part of the problem is she was spent from waiting around forever since they were running way behind, and another problem was she was so confused why we were at school but not in her classroom. But then again all the other kids did just fine. I am trying to just give her the benefit of the doubt here.

Of course my dad tries to rub it in and say he never has a problem and would have done just fine with her. WTF. I refraimed from shooting him the bird. But seriously old man? Yeah this is coming from the man that thinks its aceptable to give the kids diet dr pepper, and candy all day long, and now he thinks he's the baby whisperer or some crap.

Obviously I am cranky, this Day Light Savings Time mess has seriously cramped my style.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I know that you did not just call Michael "the baby whisperer". Too fuuny.

Veronica said...

totaly feel your pain. Been there done that. We didn't even put our youngest in preschool because picture day was so traumatic--she witnessed her older siblings picture day. and my "baby whisperer" granddad told me I was neglecting my daughter because I didn't read to her...she was 5 months at the time and her two brothers were running circles around me.