Monday, December 31, 2007

Pinky toe drama

Apparently the pinky toe is very important and has many nerve endings…. Yesterday in the evening we were attempting to put away some Christmas decorations. I was wearing flip flops and just ran up the stairs to put away some crap, and was on my way back downstairs. Dave and the kids were right near the stairway. Suddenly I just slipped and fell down the stairs. Dave was on the phone and hung up on whoever he was talking to, Laura found it hilarious and said “momma fall down, haha” I just sat there and cried and my poor pinky toe started bleeding enough to make me feel sick from seeing the amount of blood. Dave’s reply to my crying was “you just can’t keep a pedicure can you?” I had just gotten one the day before, and it will probably be a while before I let anyone touch that toe.

The sucker hurts still I tell you. After some first aide from David, and some examining I must have ripped the toe nail somehow. The nail is still there but its been bleeding off and on even today a little bit. I don’t see a cut or anything so who knows what the heck I did. I can move the toe so I doubt it’s broke, but the sucker still hurts, and at work today I still managed to some how stub my toe and I wore crocs today trying to be careful. That caused me to make quite the vocabulary impression on my patients. At this point I am ready for someone to just amputate the toe and be done with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! I broke my pinkie toe several times and it does hurt like crazy. If you think it'd help, buddy tape your pinky toe to the toe next to it. Hope it feels better soon!