Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Trip pics




We left friday morning, and headed out of town. Our first stop was in Stauntan, VA at the Cheese Shop to get bulk spices and snacks. Such a neat shop. The we went on to Roanoke where we had dinner in Catawba, VA at the Home Place where they serve all you can eat comfort food to your table. This is where I lost my mind and forgot all about my goal to not gain weight on the trip. We then drove to Rockymount about 45 min away and checked in. The Bed and Breakfast was beautiful. Our room was really pretty. Lot's of antiques and charm. We were the only folks staying there so it was pretty cozy. We then ventured to Ferrum which is 15 min away I guess and walked around campus at night some and checked out the new stuff. We ran into the old owner of Fud's. Fud's was this gas station right there at campus which didn't look like much but it could be a fun place to eat and hang out. The owner remembered us and talked to us for a while. He had sold the place and its now called Happy Pappy's.
On our way back to the bed and breakfast we stopped at a new mexican place near campus for some drinks before going back to call it a night. One interesting thing about the bed and breakfast was there was a grave yard behind it across the street. Kinda creepy, as it was a very old grave yard.

The next day we had a yummy breakfast, and then we went back to Ferrum to poke around some more. Saw some old professors and people which was nice, and we also got to go in the bookstore as it was open for a open house they were having.

We then went back to our bed and breakfast for a while, and the owner said we could stay later rather then check out at normal time which was cool. We still ended up leaving a bit early as we wanted to go to Roanoke and wander around there. We went to Macadoos for lunch and I enjoyed some shots. Yes shots at lunch time, but hey I was pregaming for the wedding. We then went back to Rocky Mount for the wedding which was beautiful, and so good to see some old friends. The reception was awesome too. I saw some more friends there, even one from school that was working there.

This is when I get pissy. We were going to stay in Roanoke at the Marriott after the reception and then take our time going home the next day. Well the reception was a bit out of the way so we talked about maybe stopping in Charlottesville or Lynchburg instead. Dave thought we might as well just come home, and I thought this was a bad idea as we never get the change to just get away, and we would get a chance to sleep in. Also it was the 7 year anniversary of our first date, and I wanted some romance damit. Dave never says no to me ever, as he usually knows better, but this time he lost his mind and drove on home, which infuriated me to no end, but of course when he asked me over and over if I was mad I would say no. We got in super late, and I was super pissy. The kids were still at his parents, but my nephew came over early and woke us up so still no sleeping in...

So yeah I am being a bit bratty, but whatever. He says I will get over it soon enough, but this was a big deal to me, so I am holding out.

No comments: